Help needed - 458 spider | FerrariChat

Help needed - 458 spider

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SoftwareDrone, Mar 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I fabricated some adapter plates that hold a 5" subwoofer onto each of the rear interior panels of a 458 spider (to replace the tiny OEM midrange/tweeter combo). I purchased a used panel to assist with the R&D efforts. I was able to do a preliminary test fit by just holding the speaker with my hand and then snapping the panel shut on a 458 spider. However, before I send the design off to the machine shop, I'd like to do one more test fit with the speaker bolted to the panel. Trouble is, my 458 spider "go to" guy is out of town until the end of the month. The panels are held on, literally, by one small bolt and can be removed (and reinstalled) in about 30 seconds. If any one in the Bay Area could help me out with this test fit, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

simmadwn likes this.
  2. simmadwn

simmadwn Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2016
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    James
    Damnnn brother..hate not being able to help or be part of this super initiative :(

Ferrari Family - pls help Mike out..he is a very genuine guy and goes out of his way to help Ferrari owners. His sound upgrade options are truly kick-a$$...I have a JLAudio dual sub with Focal components...it totally BLOWS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. billboboy

billboboy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2015
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Will L
    Is the panel different for an italia vs Spider?
    I have an italia you can use if it is compatible. Located in San Jose. I also know another 458 owner with a spider that I’ll direct to this thread.

4. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Your efforts are much appreciated.
    The Italia panel is different than the spider, but I do wish to design this adapter plate for the Italia as well.

5. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    billboboy, you have a PM.