Help me choose my 'fun car' | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Help me choose my 'fun car'

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by digitaladam, Jun 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    V8 or larger, convertible, manual, 4 seats...pretty dang limited selection there.

For non-domestic, BMW and Audi are the only options I can think of with the largest engine being the V10 S85 found in the M6 convertible. They mostly have SMG (F1 style) gearbox, but you could switch it out to manual no problem. If you're not a BMW guy then I guess B7 Audi S4 convertible, but those are ugly as hell imo.

digitaladam likes this.
  2. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    So I am so not trying to pick a fight, but I owned this exact car as a convertible. It stunk. The problem is: 1) cowl shake, and 2) the extra weight of the convertible just killed the potential excitement of the motor. I drove it on the track and it was embarrassing. I think the coupe is great...but I am also not a convertible guy.

anunakki likes this.
  3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Fight!!!!

I havent owned one but I loved my friends. Im a convertible guy. Ive never driven anything on a track. Just not my thing.

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Cannot ignore Porsche when asking for fun cars. So many to choose from

digitaladam likes this.
  5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    It really. Depends on what you like , i have owned several old mustangs from 66 through 70 and a lot of old corvettes from 59 through 71 ..but the other day
    I rode in my brothers 2021 challenger it had a shaker hood and
    Was orange in color we drove around for the day and really liked it was the scat pack with hemi I think it just under 500 hp a really fun car to goof around in..
    I also owned a 2011 Maserati gran turisimo GT..I liked my california a lot more ….

digitaladam likes this.
  6. digitaladam

digitaladam Rookie

May 27, 2021
    Oakville, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adam S
    Thanks Larry, the Californias are beautiful but a bit out of range. If I decide to go Ferrari it will probably be a 360, or more likely I'll be economical and do a 4200 Coupe for now. Looks like it will give me the rumble and clutch pedal I'm after :)

LARRYH likes this.
  7. digitaladam

digitaladam Rookie

May 27, 2021
    Oakville, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adam S
    Just want to share a quick thank you to all of you for the suggestions. I was able to find a local 2005 Maserati Coupe with the relatively rare 6 MT. Having fun so far.

Happy to be somewhere in the Ferrari family, even if a distant relative ;)

Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Tenney likes this.