Help me choose a beginer bike please | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Help me choose a beginer bike please

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by 96impalaSS, Apr 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

I sent one to myself to try it out. Anyway, just do it the old-fashioned way.

[email protected]

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Steve, I looked up your profile, and it shows that you have "recieve private messages" turned to "no." Just thought you would like to know. :)

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Earlier tonight instead of reading the WEB Griffin book Ive been meaning to finish I read the book I got from the BMV about the Motor Cycle test instead. I think Im messed up in the head. :D

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    See, Ryan, that's your problem - you're never thinking about yourself...! :D

5. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Buy one used. This is what I did, I rode it for six onths until I was sure that I was ready for a bigger bike. I got on trade what I paid for the bike. I know it is slow, but if you have never ridden before, then crotch rockets will be tough to develop skills on.

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL... i'm not saying a 16 year old who's never a ridden a bike should go out and buy a turbo Hayabusa right away - they should start with a REGULAR 'busa, first... :D

Seriously, if someone is irresponsible, they're gonna be irresponsible on a 'busa or a moped, it doesn't matter... Chris has already put a car shiney side up, i think he's matured from that... :)

7. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I certainly don't know Chris personally, but he seems like a mature guy. To use your analogy one probably won't die on a moped but will on a busa ;)

Eh well, who cares. Live and learn :D

8. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Cars and bikes are *supposed* to be shiney side up.

It's the ones with the rubber side up that you gotta worry about.

But yeah, I think Chris did crumple a car.

9. ART360

ART360 Guest

You guys keep forgetting the learning process. Riding a bike, isn't the same as a car. Because they are hard to see, you need different skills to ride them on the street. Being able to tell when someone sees you or not is a definite survival factor on a street bike, and you have to learn those skills. A slower, cheaper bike is easier to learn on because you won't have the temptation to go faster, and thus increase your chances of getting hurt.

I recommend a slow bike for the 1st 6 months.

Art

10. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

But Art, you are forgetting the most essential part of riding, LOOKING COOL! I mean who wants to be safe on a slow bike. I mean why would I want to do 1/4 mile in 13 seconds and not keep up with my friends at lights?? I would rather have a sub 10 second bike, look P.I.M.P. and get all the honies. Because remember looking cool is the #1 factor in enjoying open air motorcycling. Also if you die, at least you die on something that looks cool right??

Ryan "never looked cool on a bike" Zaman.