HELP! F430 remote chirp is gone. What controls it? Please read | FerrariChat

HELP! F430 remote chirp is gone. What controls it? Please read

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by tubeguy, Feb 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    Hey guys and gals

My F430 has a radar detector that is suddenly dead and at the same time my remote locking chirp stopped chirping and I think they are related.

I checked fuses as I recall (it's been that way for a while) but wanted to know if anyone has input about possibly a relay that may have failed. The remote does actuate the locks FWIW.

Thanks a lot!!! You rock!!!

2. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    i don't know if the F430 uses the same alarm module as the 360 or not but the alarm module on the 360s are notorious for having the internal battery go bad. They tend to leak acid and corrode the PC board rendering the alarm module dead. The doors will still lock and unlock but the audio alarm will be dead. The fix is to either buy a new alarm module; or, if the PC board is still in ok condition, remove the batteries from the board and solder in new ones, or wire in an external battery.

3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Odd but my F430 never chirps when I set the alarm. The only time it chirps is when there is a fault (trunk open, parked in neutral, etc)

f355spider likes this.
  4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    same here