Help Choosing the replacement for my total 308 GTS Please | FerrariChat

Help Choosing the replacement for my total 308 GTS Please

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Alex S., Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex S.

Alex S. Rookie

May 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Joseph Simon
    Hello everybody, unfortunately, Karen didn't check her blind spot and put my Beloved 308 GTS, my only Ferrari into a concrete wall doing 45mph and now I am really wanting to get back in the game. I have only ever driven my 308 and due to my young age and location, there are no dealers anywhere near me and the only used car dealer with one will not take me seriously much less test drive their 360. I was thinking about possibly getting another 308 GTS but was also floating the idea of an F430 or maybe even a 458. The 308 was a blast to own and drive and dead reliable, but it was by no means a rocket and it even though it handled ok at best by todays standards. I'm just looking for your all's opinions and experiences with the various models, suggestions, pros and cons, etc. thanks in advance!

2. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I just took a spirited blast in my ‘85 308 tonight and I gotta tell ya it was wonderful. I know there are many generations of Ferrari that are much faster but personally at this point I’m totally satisfied with the 308. Get another one while they’re still relative bargains.

3. Alex S.

Alex S. Rookie

May 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Joseph Simon
  4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  5. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
  6. MrMarti

MrMarti Rookie

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jorge Marti
    In case you didn't understand what the OP meant, "Karen" didn't check her blindspot and hit the 308, which was being driven by his brother. At least that's how I understand it and makes sense to me.
    Regarding the question that brought us here... It depends so much on your budget.. going from the 308 I think I'd look for a gated 360, to keep the "raw" feeling of changing gears!

7. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Makes MUCH more sense now. I totally missed that direction.

8. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Yes, he/she/it is from Key West. ;)

9. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Buy a 328, an 89 if you can, its the best run of the series since 1976. Get your fill from a car thats the best driving machine Ferrari has ever built, other the the F40 . Then maybe if you want, a "more modern F car " , the likes of some mentioned.

Thank you, sorry for the accident.

10. wfu97

wfu97 Karting

Jul 15, 2018
    North Carolina USA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I’ll add a +1 for the 328. Wonderful driver’s car. I actually didn’t want an 89 as I don’t like the wheels. Bought an 86 and love it.

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Buy the best car for you and your budget. It's that simple. Plenty of cars to choose from so take your time, and be sure to get any prospects inspected by a competent mechanic familure with the Ferrari brand.

12. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    get a 430