Help: can't open 550 trunk/boot | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Help: can't open 550 trunk/boot

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Bertt, Dec 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Slightly off topic, but would anyone know how to manipulate an odd sized gif file to make it compatible with an A1 sized paper print? One FChatter reports that when my file is printed on A1 paper, it's blurry. When you open my diagrams in Windows Paint or a browser, the image is crystal clear. Each line is drawn one or two pixels in width on my PC. I could change the aspect ratio of the image by just extending the white borders, but A1 paper has a weird aspect ratio (1.41582491582491.....). Is it more a question of printer settings? e.g. can you deselect "print to fit paper size"... and just piece the printouts together with tape? (My printer isn't currently working)

Thanks

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ian- Can you take it into Photoshop and convert it to a jpeg or pdf file? Guess I should try and answer my own question.

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, Taz, I don't have Photoshop or an Adobe converter. It will still be a computerized version anyway. Printing will blur the lines if there is any rescaling. Gif files are easy to edit, but hard to scale unless precisely doubling, quadrupling, etc, the size.

4. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ian, Open .gif file in paint, resize, chose pixel, uncheck <maintain ratio> box then enter 841 in horizontal and 594 in vertical. Now you have the same ratio as A1 paper. then resize to what ever size you want using percentage with maintain ratio box checked.

I had mine printed 24 inches on the long side and they came out nice and clear.

5. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Hail mary...do you have enough power to the solenoid? Start car then trigger rear boot...do you get lucky?

With bumper off there is a hole about license plate level on passenger end of it to acesss inside but I m not sure you can get to the latch. Maybe i can look if I can get to my 550 tucked away due to a racecar build I am in the middle of.

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Ah.. wish I could.. I still have Windows XP on my computer... Seems I haven't got that function, but thanks for the tip :D

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ian- Post the gif here and I will convert it for you.

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  9. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #34 tazandjan, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    308 GTB likes this.
  10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    The forum seems to have shrunk your pictures, Taz. I can barely read them. Here's my email, but you may have to send the pdfs one at a time. I'm not sure if my mailbox can handle large files. b744er (at) ozemail.com.au

Thanks!