HELP... Buying A Car This Thursday May 2nd, 2019 | FerrariChat

HELP... Buying A Car This Thursday May 2nd, 2019

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by liquid360, Apr 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    My first post.... I recently came into some money. I’ve spent the last year trying to decide on a car. My list includes a 720S, a 488 Spyder, a Huracan Spyder, a Lambo performante.
    I change mind on a daily basis at least and often times more. The truth is that I’ll be happy with any of these amazing cars. And so I’ve grown weary of obsessing, reading online, and dreaming. It was time to leave the deciding chapter and move to the driving chapter. I’ve purchased a one way ticket to West Palm Beach this Thursday, cash in hand. I live in Alabama and I’ll be driving the car home. It’s the dream of my youth come to life. I opt’d for West Palm Beach because there are plenty of each of these cars available within my budget. Thursday will be test drive day. I’ll spend the night, sleep on it, and buy Next day.
    Obviously, this all comes down to opinions. I’ve lived the last decade on disability with EXTREMELY limited funds, that is to say that this is all very new for me and very strange.
    I’d appreciate any advice at all.... anything. I’m flying blind here.
    It’s funny. ask someone for advice on purchasing/picking a $30,000 car and everyone shares thoughts and advice. Ask for the same info on one of these and suddenly I’m ****** who’s showing off.
    Anyways, I appreciate any info you’re willing to share. I’ve read pretty much all the net has to offer including videos, but would love practical ideas from those who’ve actually owned these cars. I am not a racer. I won’t track this car. Which of these is fastest means nothing to me. I love having the power there, but rarely, if ever, will use it. I want a fun, beautiful car that makes me smile. What could be wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Not to burst your bubble but people tend to be a bit wary of those who's first post is that the lived on disability and now they are going to buy a 200 thousand dollar car. Are you disabled, if so what is you disability? That might hinder getting in and out of these cars. do you have any experience with cars like this, or are you going to wrap it around a tree thinking you are speed racer. My advise buy a California T, they can be driven every day, still have the Ferrari thing, and you probably will not kill yourself. If some money means just enough to buy one of these cars, don't, put it somewhere for your future.

3. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Second the above comment. Additionally, someone's experience with a particular car is somewhat dependent on their general means of living standard. Owning a super car depends a great deal on how it fits within your daily budget today and long term. Many save a life time to finally enjoy a car like you are describing while others have the current means early in life to maintain a stable of these cars. I would expect that the community would need a great deal more information before they could adequately respond.

liquid360 likes this.
  4. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    I am taking delivery of my Mc Laren 720S Spider next week to replace my 12C, which I love. The Mc is a great combination of comfort and performance.

Joe

liquid360 likes this.
  5. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    #5 liquid360, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Deleted. This was a bad idea. My bad

6. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Man, that looks gruesome. Care to share what it all actually means? My wife has a plate and two screws in her back but I always told her she two screws loose. What's circled in red?

BTW, there is nothing "straight" about that piece of film!

liquid360 likes this.
  7. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    Lol I injured myself in college. They removed a portion of lower disc. Over the years the levels above it have collapsed so I’ve had two implants and a fusion. It’s been brutal. The red is a bb my brother shot me with when I was like ten. I had no idea it went into me until doctor asked if I’d been shot by a bb or pellet gun. Lol

8. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    So, what did you buy? Pix......or it didn't happen.....:cool:

liquid360 likes this.
  9. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
  10. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
  11. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    Starting point?

12. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    Why “starting point?” I’m not a collector... this Ferrari is it. Starting point to what?

13. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    This stuff is an addiction

The assumption is you get one exotic and then trade into another or add to what becomes a collection

liquid360 likes this.
  14. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    Ah okay. I can see trading in at some point, but I am not at that level of wealth or desire. I just had a lifelong dream in need of fulfilling. I’m a single guy on disability. The way I see it, I didn’t find love, have a family, or a great career. My consolation prize is a red Ferrari.

SVCalifornia likes this.
  15. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    I hope you enjoy every drive!

liquid360 likes this.
  16. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This is pretty much it. I am not on disability but I am in your shoes as I wont have a wife or kids- this is it!
    And now that I have it, I need more.

liquid360 likes this.
  17. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    #17 liquid360, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    If I’m gonna buy a second Ferrari, it’ll be the same car that sold me on Ferrari decades ago, a red or black Testarossa. I remember seeing video of Jordan pulling into the stadium in a black Testarossa. Very cool car. I am into astrophotography and need a car with some trunk space for hardware... an FF might fit the bill.

You?

18. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    As I understand it, the TR has a cavernous trunk that can hold all kinds of things. I'm nowhere near being able to buy another car but it would have to be a Challenge Stradale, possibly a 550 for that 12 cylinder action.

liquid360 likes this.
  19. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Congrats on the car purchase! Enjoy.

liquid360 likes this.
  20. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
  21. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    Looks great

Do you have a garage?

liquid360 likes this.
  22. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Congratulations on achieving your dream. Enjoy!

liquid360 likes this.
  23. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    I can’t fathom anyone who’d buy a Ferrari to keep parked outside not a chance in hell.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    Thanks, relief

I was looking at the outdoor parking pic and thinking, oh no

liquid360 likes this.
  25. liquid360

liquid360 Karting

Sep 25, 2018
    Lol I would’ve had the same fear.... although the idea of someone doing that.... well, I’d love to meet that person who leaves their Ferrari outside lol they must be interesting.