Help Alexander - show your exotic car. | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Help Alexander - show your exotic car.

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by MHK69, Apr 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm sure there will be more opportunities to help in the future. There are a couple of people here working on this very thing as we write. :)

2. kavehcohen

kavehcohen Rookie

Apr 9, 2010
    That's wonderful to hear.

3. sbenus

sbenus Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2009
    San Juan
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Bravo, Bravissimo

Forza Alexander. Siamo Con Te!

4. big.bryant

big.bryant Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2008
    Boulder, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bryant
    Just read this whole thread... talk about an epic show of support for someone else in need.

Very thoughtful and meaningful guys.

Cheers.

5. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #505 hank sound, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
    And more goodies await Alexander. We'll just let it play out :):):)

Here's a video shot by a Ferrari owner, of the departure ritual that took place in Pasadena last weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMuALM-ZebE

Alexander, you may remember the red cabriolet (Rachel) in the beginning of the video, from our first get together at the hotel in Burbank :)

And hi also, Susie & Bridget - - and dad too (sorry we didn't get to welcome you as well). Maybe the next road trip. Check with Alexander - he has many connections.

With love, Hank

6. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Exotics are on a stand-by for the next call. Alexander please check in. Hope all as well.

7. Alexander's Roadtrip

Apr 17, 2010
    Hello to All,

Just wanted to send a quick message and check in with you all.

Alexander has not stopped talking about his trip and as he says "The best trip he has ever had in his life!" His head is still in the clouds and I don't think he is ever going to touch the ground again. There is simply no way to express what you all have done for him! You all have made a young man VERY happy, and I can never thank you enough.

We are working on putting some pictures of our trip together to share with you, and hopefully we can get these to you soon. It has been taking awhile because we had three cameras with us and around 3200 pictures to go through, and to be quite honest I am not exactly that best at sorting and putting them in order.

Hopefully you will enjoy looking at them.

I am sorry that we have not been on the chat for awhile but will check in again!

Susie McCormack

8. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Great to hear from you guys...

9. TommyJames

TommyJames Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2008
    Hi Susie- we have a Facebook account set up for the pictures in Seattle. We did our best to tag those who participated that also had Facebook accounts. It would be nice to also add the photos from California and Oregon and tag those as well.

Great to hear how Alexander is doing. I was just about to ask. It's called, "Exotic Event for Alexander."

10. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Through the "majic" of facebook I saw those pics yesterday through one of my friends. They were awesome. We need those pics here in this thread! :D

11. Alexander's Roadtrip

Apr 17, 2010
    Hey Tom, I looked for the event (with the help of my daughter) on facebook and was not able to find it. I can e-mail some of the pictures that I have to Rob (hopefully he can add them?) as I have his e-mail address. I think most the pictures are similar to the ones you guys have, but will be happy to send them. Thanks for everything! Bridget

12. Alexander's Roadtrip

Apr 17, 2010
    Just wanted to drop a quick line and let you all know that Alexander is doing pretty good. This whole trip has been quite the experience for all of us. I really want you all to know just how much of an impact you have all made on my nephew. Each and everyone of you that participated & came out to meet him, you gave such a gift felt like a warm embrace, it has forever changed him. His spirit has truly been renewed! It is so amazing that this journey continues forward. One of his new found friends Bob Lebenson from Las Vegas is coming up to our neck of the woods to a Car Show in North Vancouver. June 20th, so we all look forward to meeting up with him and his wife there. The following weekend June 27th Gerry Brott owner of the Red Devil Raceway (slot car racing) has designated this day as "Alexander's Ferrari Challange" with all proceeds going to the MDA in Alexander's name. Yet another great group of guys (and more new friends) at the Red Devil Raceway went to all the trouble and made a special contoller for Alexander so he could actually race himself. Gerry also gave Alexander his very own track set and car that he could take home and practice with. Thanks for putting that all in motion Rob and Tommy! It is pretty amazing how this little road trip has turned into be this most incredible journey imaginable, and it still continues ...
    many thanks to all of you! Bridget

13. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Hi Bridget,

Happy to hear that Alexander is doing well. A visit with Bob and a designated day at Red Devil will great continuation from where we left off. Please take pictures and post them here. Have you guys put the track together? If so, please post pictures.

If there is anything you need from us and I mean anything, please send me an email and we will get working on it. Say hello to everyone.

14. TommyJames

TommyJames Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2008
    It's now under a past event and Kim put up a section on her page. If Alexander has a page we can tag all the photos for him.

15. Alexander's Roadtrip

Apr 17, 2010
    Hello Haig,
    Yes can you believe the chain of events? Look at what you started, did you ever think in your wildest dreams it could have led to all this? Pretty spectacular! We will take pictures of the events and get them to you. I'm not sure if Susie has any pictures of Alexander's new track, I will find out. Again I know that thank-you hardly seems inadequate, but THANK YOU so so much!
    Bridget

16. Alexander's Roadtrip

Apr 17, 2010
    Hello Tommy,
    That would be great Alexander is on facebook. Alexander McCormack
    thanks!
    Bridget

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Had a nice chat with Bridget [Alexander's Roadtrip] and the thread title has been amended by our man in SoCal, Jon [Modenafan] to honor our inspiration, Alexander.

18. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    A big thank you to keeping this thread a sticky. We started somnething very special for Alexander and we should keep it going.

19. Alexander's Roadtrip

Apr 17, 2010
    Thanks guys!!

20. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Alexander started something special, and the gift he gave us we can all continue to pay forward.

21. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    1000000+

22. Alexander's Roadtrip

Apr 17, 2010
    Note to all of you guys; It was all of you lead by Steve Vernon and Haig, who started something special for Alexander! It is awesome that the results seem to be reciprocal. You all touched Alexander and apparently it sounds like he touched you guys. The above quote mentions "the gift" you are so right, I think it is the ultimate gift to truly touch some one. This whole thing has turned out to be quite a remarkable experience!
    With much gratitude, Bridget

23. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
  24. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
  25. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Dear Friends,

Today,I recieved an email from Susie that Alexander has been struggling with kidney issues and he is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. I know this will be tough for him and the family but according to Susie there are no other choices.

She asked that I let everyone know, as many of you ask about him at car meets.

He will be in our prayers. I will keep you all posted as I hear from Susie.