Help! Advice needed on Leather repair for Vantage passenger seat... photo | FerrariChat

Help! Advice needed on Leather repair for Vantage passenger seat... photo

Discussion in 'British' started by FerrariCognoscenti, Jan 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    My 200 pound friend rode in the passenger seat of my 2007 Aston Martin Vantage with the heat seater on and the coil from the heat seater left a pronounced indentation after sitting on the seat for a 2 hour drive. Before this the leather was pristine and perfect. What can I do to fix this leather and get rid of the creases? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    That's weird, I have a 2007 Vantage and weigh 200 pounds and my seat doesn't get any lines in it even after 5+ hours in the seat. I suspect that those lines will eventually disappear on their own. If it really bugged me I would try massaging them out using my hands and if that didn't work I would try it again this time using a little heat from a hair dryer or heat gun on very low heat. Not too hot to touch, just enough to make the leather more pliable.

flash32 likes this.
  3. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    #3 luvair, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    I had wrinkles on my Italian leather sofa. 200 pounds should not create wrinkles, IMO.

Clean your seats with a leather cleaner, ideally in a warm environment.
    Let the cleaner stay on the seats for about 1 plus hours. Use a heat gun at the lowest setting a safe distance from the leather. Can also use a hairdryer. Make sure you keep moving the heat gun/hairdryer with a longer extension cord and don't focus on one area. Use damp cotton towel/microfiber every 20 or so seconds. Repeat if necessary. It all should remove all wrinkles. When done, use a leather conditioner. Good luck.

4. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Steam should work. Take it to an upolster shop and see what he can do with the steam