Help a fellow Ferrari owner relocate to the Rockies. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Help a fellow Ferrari owner relocate to the Rockies.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Futureman, Mar 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Max sounds pretty cool. Arthritic fingers have ended my vertical rock climbing. Too much pain.

I am quicker than my 49 year old partner but he lives 2K feet lower and is carrying a little excess baggage shall we say. I've been passed by enough 20somethings to know there is no substitute for young hearts and lungs. But I do OK. Twenty years ago, it seemed like everyone on the mountain was around my age. Now I'm almost always the oldest. One of my friends says all his old climbing partners turned into fat, lazy sofa spuds.

That's encouarging about Ball. Perhaps they were hoping to find a better fit and failed.

Dave

PS: We are planning on climbing Crestone Needle this weekend. This is the fourth or fifth time we've planned it but always got skunked for various reasons. It's like it is jinxed even before we start and has turned into an obsession. I don't have very many left to do.

2. Futureman

Futureman Formula 3

May 16, 2007
    Yeah, Max is a trip. He built the fabric structure that Bigelow Aerospace used for their inflatable space station that's in orbit right now. That was all spawned by his manufacture, use and instruction of 300 foot slings for deep mountain helicopter extraction for both rescue and military operations. Crazy dude.

You'll like the Needle. Great climbing rock. On top you can see the dunes to the south.

As for Ball...time to start a new thread. :D