Hello from NJ! New GTS 6 speed member | FerrariChat

Hello from NJ! New GTS 6 speed member

Discussion in '348/355' started by GTSNJ, Jan 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTSNJ

GTSNJ Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2015
    I bought the beautiful black european example that everyone was talking about lately, it was also featured on jalopnik.

Now You Can Own This Stunning Ferrari F355 For The Price Of A Used SUV

It is a great little car. For a $35000 GTS it is wonderful, I couldn't ask for more. Belts just done :). Clutch done. All filters/fluids done. Great black paint. Nice interior which smells like fresh leather. Targa top in great shape. The seller was great, he seemed honest and is an expert on european cars. I purchased this while selling my other Ferrari because I still love the 355 but wanted to try the gated shifter out (previously had a stellar spider for two years)

Some members made it sound like a piece of junk on the forums, and it probably helped me to get this great car, so thank you all. I know the truth because I bought the car, so all the hearsay can be dispelled. Whatever happened to this car in its past was minor because the engine runs perfect idles like a clock. Full power. I also confirmed it has a ferrari challenge style exhaust on it and high flow filters. Sounds amazing. Seems to have slightly more pep at lower rpm than the 5.2 f1 I owned, but boy there is nothing like your first Ferrari. Watching it drive away was sad.

I invite anybody local to come see this car in north nj and would like to attend some meets this year with it. I would like to enjoy this car for the spring and summer then will most likely sell because I have a full garage again: (thought I was downsizing by selling the other Ferrari, but ended up with another before it even left!) If a respectable offer comes along I would consider a sale, there is always another car to try!

I work on my own cars and have alot of knowledge about the 355s, Astons, MB models, etc. So if you have a DIY question do not be scared to work on these cars! My last one was bulletproof besides basic maintenance stuff, mounts, belts etc, and I look forward to another positive experience with this GTS. My feeling is that cars with higher mileage are sorted, and it remains true with all the cars I have had over the years.

2. GTSNJ

GTSNJ Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2015
    #2 GTSNJ, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Whenever I get a new car, I always change the fluids and check the filters regardless of what was promised or done.

To my surprise, here is what I found in the airbox!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats! Enjoy it!

4. GTSNJ

GTSNJ Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2015
    #4 GTSNJ, Jan 19, 2015
    Whenever I get a car, I like to detail it and see the potential of the paint come out. This paint was so clean that it needed minimal detailing, but I hit it with a quick glaze and this is the result. Reflection without swirls under flash.

5. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Congrats and welcome!

Where in NJ do you live? Might be a good idea to fill out your profile.

6. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Big CONGRATS GTSNJ!!

7. Badabing!

Badabing! Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2014
    NYC
    Congrats. I'm in the area. Looking forward to meeting you and checking out your car.

8. MikeD355

MikeD355 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 7, 2015
    Cleveland
    That car is a pos. I had an inspection company check it out. . Half the gauges did not work, slow down light non stop, seats were a mess, rust on the frame. Horrible car. I call BS......your the original owner/seller. Nice try though.

9. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    LOL..:)

10. MikeD355

MikeD355 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 7, 2015
    Cleveland
    Man, I cant believe you tried that crap on this forum. That salvage/water damage/ euro car is just about worthless. Then you spout some welcome thread and say "oh bu the way its for sale if anyone wants it" LOL

11. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Busted!

But I admire the strategy....creative indeed. Lol

12. MikeD355

MikeD355 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 7, 2015
    Cleveland
    Just start a FS ad for Gods sake!!!!!! LOL

13. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    As I said in another thread. I looked at this car for someone and drove it. Any questions just shoot me note.

14. MikeD355

MikeD355 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 7, 2015
    Cleveland
    He logged on for the last 10 and then back off. No comment on his getting called out I guess. The car is a mess. I tried to justify it but with the electrical issues going on, who knows where you would end up and that's just the beginning on that car.

15. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    GTSNJ,

Welcome to the group. Please fill in your profile so we know where you are located so we can better help you and comment on your resources near you.

F355's are cool cars. We look forward to hearing how you go about getting your car sorted from issues that have been covered here in the past.

Robb

16. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  17. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    How do you really feel LOL

I have 20k and will send a truck for it :)

18. MikeD355

MikeD355 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 7, 2015
    Cleveland
    I think for 20 you would be in business.

19. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Deal trucks on the way LOL

20. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Oh wow. I hope this isn't true.

21. GTSNJ

GTSNJ Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2015
    #21 GTSNJ, Jan 19, 2015
    :) you guys are funny, thanks for the kind welcome to those who actually post respectfully. Tracking log out times to see if one has "backed off"? Come on this is an internet forum people !! Do you practice the same tracking behavior on your significant others too.., maybe invest energy in something more constructive than arguing with a new poster.

I drove the car two weeks ago and pulled the trigger on it. There is nothing to hide. I think the original seller even posted here which is how I got in touch with the owner (car was at a consignment shop apparently). The seats aren't a mess. I attached a photo. Again with the hearsay but that is no surprise.

LMAO. And this isn't a for sale post, I welcomed myself to the forum and gave an intro, it was genuine. I stated my intentions for the car and you all think its a for sale post?

I will let you all carry on now about how this can't be a real car because it wasn't $80000 dollars. Thanks FERRARICHAT!!!!

(currently test fitting carbon fiber on dash )

22. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Awesome, I think maybe MikeD was thinking of a different car. We all love a good scandal here, get used to it!! :)

Congrats on the purchase!

23. GTSNJ

GTSNJ Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2015
    Thanks very much!

The car is nice, its a driver, not a concours car, its not perfect but it was $35000. All the gauges currently work on the car, the fuel gauge was sticking when I got it, I removed it and volt tested the sender...so I ordered a replacement. All lights seem to work on dash (found one blown bulb on a gauge). Overall its a cool ride. I don't mind small things if it needs some work, heck its 20 years old, but I forget all that at 8000 screaming rpm...

What is really surprising is that the airbag panel isn't shrinking at all, and the dash/console have no stickyness. I expected the interior to be worse...cleaned up great!

24. driveitdaily

driveitdaily Formula 3

Jul 20, 2013
    lake ariel pennsylva
    Full Name:
    john
    You will enjoy the car more than an 80k car, drive it , have fun. if it gets a stone chip , so what.

25. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    #25 INTMD8, Jan 19, 2015
    Easier to view without the windshield in the way :)

Congrats on the car. It's worth doing something with but not sure why you're trying to make it out to be something it isn't unless your only intention is to flip it. (seems like it needs an interior to me). You keep saying you paid 35k for it but the PO said here on the forum he would take 30 for it.