"Hellaflush" | Page 2 | FerrariChat

"Hellaflush"

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Reece, Jun 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    Im getting tired of all of it. Would much rather have wheels with the proper offsets and tons of tire.

2. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    I'm not a fan but at least the kids are trying something new. Go to the customizing shows and you still see some real creativity and workmanship amid the tacked on fiberglass fenders and Xbox riddled cars.

3. BorisSF

BorisSF Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2007
    Chicago
    It's a bit confusing when you see a car driving around with a rusted hood and you can't tell if that was done to achieve a certain "style" or not.

4. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    #29 Mowgli, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Really?

6. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Idiotic.

7. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    I'm going to guess that when the 5 "husky" guys sitting in this poor car to collapse its suspension lose their collective 2,000 pounds of "excess huskiness", they'll still wear the same waist-size pants, thus joining the "droopah draw'rz" crowd.

8. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    I appreciate the dedication it takes to drive a car like that daily. Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. I personally don't find driving around a stock 308 incredibly intresting or desirable.

I am quite suprised to see such an ignorant comment come from someone on a site dedicated to a high class car. How do you know if the person who owns that car is not a CEO of a large company? I don't wear "saggy pants" and I drive a lowered Q45t daily. Most of the time I am in dress slacks and Wallabee's. An open mind is not a terrible thing sometimes.

9. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Sorry... but that is just stupid.

10. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    The pictures the OP posted are all horrible examples of he scene. Maybe that's causing the confusion.

Here are some better examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    For a show car I think the slammed look is awesome. For a street car it is retarded. Whenever you see a car like this on the road, take a look at the bumpers and side skirts. They are usually completely torn up from bumps in the road.

I don't get the stretched tire thing either. I always thought the wider the tire the better..

12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    My wife's car looks exactly like it, but only when she's sitting in it.

13. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI

"hella-flushers."

NUFF said. Word. Thank you, Korr. This look can migrate elsewhere.

14. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    It's a look.

It began in Germany because the TUV requires that your tire not protrude past your fender.

In order to fit wide wheels with deep dish the kids decided they could "maliciously comply" with the law by stretching narrow tires on wide wheels.

Why the TUV hasn't banned tire stretching (way more dangerous than "poke") is puzzling.

15. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The look migrates to whatever car/truck/bus/747 my wife sits in.

16. Santiago Montenegro

Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2009
    Caracas
    I am very sorry I ever opened this thread. Flush them all to hell!

17. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    I don't understand how they get these cars past the TÜV either. The TÜV engineers understand absolutely no fun when it comes to messing around with wheels and tires, and if they deem it unsafe, you're out.

18. NWaterfall

NWaterfall Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2009
    The Track
    Full Name:
    Waterfall
    Some proper examples!

19. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Dude...

What he said.

20. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

Thanks. How anyone can not love that W126 and the G35 is way beyond me. They're particularly stunning.

21. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    You're kidding, right? Interesting interpretation and use of the word "ignorant" - "to disagree"?
    I suppose the more desirable descriptive for this look is "Dope"? Okay.....the word "Dope" really does capture the essence.
    As for your recognition of this place as "a site dedicated to a high class car", why would you expect anything else of an exhibit of buffoonery admired primarily on sites punctuated by fart-can exhausts and "street kills" of similarly-kitted Camrys, Eclipses, and Pulsars, and the occasional LeSabre that wasn't aware that there was a "race" in progress?

Even those not lowered so ridiculously are seriously damaged, and the drivers compound it by beating the stretched/wrinkled/crushed metal with what seems to be a brick, with a lovely mismatched spray-paint patina. Their best move is using the cheapest tires available, since they carve deep grooves into the sidewalls, until they leave them on the side of the road, baffled at why they have a flat.

I've been behind several of these tards when they try to make a turn without ripping the fenders off again, and between the three-point simple turn onto a cross-street and the snails' pace at which they attempt it, they are always the last car to make it through the light - the only one if they were first in line. And they aren't even as in need of a flush as the subjects of this thread.

Daaaayyyyyymmmmmm, that's cold!! :p :p

22. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    FWIW I think a lot of these cars are on air bags. A friend of mine has an Audi A3 that is on bags. He gets that slammed look when parked, but the thing is still driveable.

23. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    For some reason the cool kids are moving towards coil-overs. I have no idea why. But yeah, my car would have bags for sure.

24. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Interesting. My friend went the other way, from coilovers to bags