Heat shielding on F40 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Heat shielding on F40

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ross, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  2. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Boomhauer, AtSomePoint and mechaniker like this.
  3. Oversteer40

Oversteer40 Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Fire suppression system is a nice thing to have.

The factory heat shielding around the turbo's, dumps and wastegate does a pretty good job, although the resin used in the cf seems to not like excessive heat of track work.

The major deficiency in the engine room heat shielding which I believe Ferrari produced a shield for very late in the game, not sure but possibly only a option... is between the headers and fuel tanks, especially the drivers side, I have installed a composite aluminum type heat shield in this location which clamps to chassis framework with rubber padding(so no permanent modification).

Always run cool down lap/s as a lot of heat damage happens when everything is red hot and there is no air flow(ie you park it)

4. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    we are working on that extra heat shielding between the headers and fuel tanks as you describe.
    i agree the air flow is key - just have to refrain from running the car when the ambient in houston gets to 110 !