Heading to Cabo | FerrariChat

Heading to Cabo

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by F456 V12, Oct 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Hi,

First time to Cabo, any recommendations where to stay, where to eat ant what to do ??

Taking the family so keep it PG13 ;)

MB

2. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I hope they've cleaned it up. Cabo suffered lots of hurricane damage last month. Many resorts are still rebuilding parts of their properties.

3. jwondds

jwondds Karting

Feb 8, 2013
    Purpleville, Cali
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Do your family a favor and choose another destination. Perhaps Cancun?

4. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Funny you mention that, our company trip was supposed to be in Cabo in a few weeks. They rescheduled it to Cancun due to the amount of damage in Cabo and there was some doubt if the hotel was going to be repaired in time.

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Go to redweek.com for cheap cheap timeshare rentals. We were at the Grand Solmar beautiful place and wasn't hurricane damaged too bad.
    Do the timeshare tour to get $300 in freebies. Leave your wallet in the room :D
    If you eat/drink a lot buy the all inclusive deal.

Car rentals are dirt cheap but they whack you for insurance. See if your insurance co. covers Mexico. If not buy collision with AMEX's coverage and liability on the internet. Take all paperwork with you.

You cant swim on the Pacific side but Chileno beach is half an hour up the road. Get there early for a free palapa. But Grand Solmar's pools are world class.

6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    When ?

7. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    How was the trip? We've been there 3 times. Always stay at a condo at La Estanza, (sp?) Estancia?

8. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Trip was last December and it was great. At the time there were obvious remnants of the hurricane, but plenty of things to do, people super friendly, never felt concerned for our safety and lastly had a chance to charter a boat, fishing was great, brought back a couple hundred pounds of Mahi Mahi,

MB

9. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Impressive amount of fish. We went twice since the WX in December is perfect and then once my band booked a Carnival cruise with four hundred fans/ family/ friends out of San Diego before the cruises ceased.

I still recall a Hublot Ayrton Senna I'd like to go back for but I bought a Ferrari instead. :)

I'm thinking of driving to Puerta Vallarta but concerned a bit with safety.

10. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    We stayed at the Barcelo resort very high end all inclusive resort and opted for their concerige club option. Its private checkin, personalized service with a small quaint bar overlooking the ocean where I enjoyed a martini while the wife was getting ready.

If you go into town, there is a little restaurant called Los Claros, I think its by the Marriott which had the best ceviche ever.

Hope this helps.