Heading back to western North Carolina tomorrow!! | FerrariChat

Heading back to western North Carolina tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Alden, Oct 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    My Wife and I are leaving to go back to the Boone area of North Carolina tomorrow.

We were there a few months ago and really liked the area. I was wishing I had the F car with us then so we are trailering our Ferrari with us to drive the mountain roads and the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway, especially the area with all the tunnels! Top down through the tunnels at 7K RPM should be fun!

We will be there until the 5th of November, although I have to fly back to Florida for a week to get some work done mid week next week.

If anyone wants to get together for a drive or a meal, please shoot me a PM.
    Alden

2. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If you're looking for the tunnels, head south on the parkway ;).

I have led four scenic motorcycle rides along the entire length of the parkway over the past twenty years. Of the 26 tunnels on the entire length of the parkway 25 of them are in NC. A large number of them are south of Asheville, which would be quite a long day ride from Boone. My recommendation would be to do an overnight, or two nights, at the Pisgah Inn (milepost 409). :):)

3. rbf41000

rbf41000 Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Sorry I can't meet up but do have fun, be vigilant of motorcycles and other people who may be over zealous and be in your lane on the corners. Some of the corners are very tight and close to 360 degrees.
    I love the NC mountains for motorcycles and cars, the parkway is fun and very scenic but note it has a very slow speed limit.

4. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    #4 Alden, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Was just bombing around there on Sunday. VERY light traffic all through Banner Elk, Blowing Rock, Boone, and along the parkway. Was certainly pleasantly surprised by that - as it was perfect weather!

6. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC

Last weekend was hell! Way too much traffic

7. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Yes, we bailed out last Saturday after it got bad, but today we went tunnel blasting at 7000 RPM again, perfect weather for top down driving and light traffic too!
    Alden

8. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Don't know about Saturday, but on Sunday, between 1 and 4? Seemed like nobody was on the roads and/or parkway.

9. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Back home today in Florida after a great month in North Carolina.

My Wife, my two boxers and I all had a great time.

We will be back again in the future!
    Alden