Has anyone placed an order for SF-90 Spider? | FerrariChat

Has anyone placed an order for SF-90 Spider?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Tommy Boy, Dec 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Or pre-order, or any kind of commitment from their dealer for the SF-90 Spider?

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I'm glad you created this thread it would be interesting to see what the action is out there

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I know some have/will but the car is a 2022 car, so a while away yet. I saw it this week and met a fellow coupe orderer who, like me, seemed open minded. The fact it will be a year later than my March coupe means I might think about changing one for the other. Depends on what I think about the coupe. I’m also thinking about the new dampers with 1,000hp, mechanical weight over the rear and now front axle and the roof sawn off. I wonder if it works in AF spec as well as the coupe? I could order the standard spec in a spider but would I feel like the newer car is a downgrade? At the same time, 812 TDF will be launched next year and that is a no-brainer for me if I get the chance to order one.

spyderman, F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  4. waynelawson

waynelawson Rookie

Nov 20, 2016
    UK
    Ordered one today....

jamalj, of2worlds, F2003-GA and 2 others like this.
  5. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thank you for that. Dealer give you expected delivery window? Are you the first at your dealer to get a build allocation for the Spider?

6. BMan14

BMan14 Karting

Dec 31, 2013
    I ordered one the week it was launched and was told about 18 months/summer 2022. Hopefully it'll be sooner!

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    My dealer says late 2022 here in Europe for early allocations. I'll stick to the Stradale as I'm stocked up on Spiders lol. For me it makes a bit more sense as a hardtop.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. BMan14

BMan14 Karting

Dec 31, 2013
    I just checked with dealer and now he says Q1 2022...better news.

F2003-GA likes this.
  9. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Dealer has build allocation with your specs? All firmed up?

10. fiorano_1

fiorano_1 Rookie

Jun 12, 2012
    College Grove, Tennessee, USA
    Full Name:
    Blaise Barrelet
    Ordered the coupe in October last year and did spec and ordered the Spider 2 weeks ago. My San Diego California dealer was more thinking of the end of 2021 for the delivery of the spider and my coupe should arrive soon, they delivered the first SF90 Stradale coupe ever in the US last week. They said the owner spent $30K to get it flown over from Italy. I also took delivery 3 days ago of the F8 Spider ordered on October last year. I love the car.

Attached Files:

bwshihtzu, of2worlds and Tommy Boy like this.
  11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I wonder how many dealers told their customers that !

F2003-GA and cpd1 like this.
  12. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    I saw the one that came in a few weeks back. It’s beautiful in person.

jamalj, bwshihtzu and of2worlds like this.
  13. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Will this be released Before or after 812 VS ?

14. RedRacer

RedRacer Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Redracer
    Ordered one. Supposedly could arrive in May 2021. But we don’t know. Waiting for a status update from Ferrari.

jamalj, of2worlds and bwshihtzu like this.
  15. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    Deposit for a slot. I was told I will likely not even spec mine for 18-24 months. I’m not early in on the list obviously, I suppose the only plus is that it gives me time to see what happens to the Coupe market before I have to lock in my spec.

jamalj, of2worlds and Tommy Boy like this.
  16. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I ordered last week but dealer says no real idea on timing yet. Will keep you posted if I get a date.

jamalj likes this.
  17. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    Ordered and placed a deposit the week it was released. Order now entered into MyFerrari. No idea when it will be built.

jamalj and Ltfor3 like this.
  18. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    I got my coupe and ordered a spider

jamalj, SECRET and F2003-GA like this.
  19. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    My spec is done. Order is in “My Ferrari”. Deposit paid. No date yet.

jamalj likes this.
  20. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    I was asked the other day to order one and still keep my coupe order moving. Are you guys going to keep two sf90s or sell the one you like less off.

21. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    I’ve gotten an update on the Spider. Spec in 18 months + 5 months for build/delivery, which means I’m not expecting my car until Q1 of 2023. From what I was told, Ferrari does not want to announce or acknowledge how far behind they are in production to tip off Wall Street, but the word is out, RACE is down ~14-15% YTD. My dealer mentioned he should have delivered 5 SF90 Stradale’s by now and they just delivered their second one. Supposedly, the SF90 line perhaps with supply issues is the furthest behind. I’m tempted to take a Coupe, which I was told could come by the Fall of this year and drive that for a year before the Spider in early 2023.

22. sh11783

sh11783 Karting

May 19, 2004
    Allocations are very slow out of the factory - especially on the GTS and SF90 in the USA. Many top dealers (nationwide) have not delivered any SF90s and only a handful of GTS's so far since the launch of both cars. Shipments to the Americas were down 20 pct last year vs 2019 (according to Ferrari's investor presentations) in spite of orders staying strong trough the pandemic and even though Europe orders were down production was up vs 2019 so flow of cars was much better there. As such a lot of customers in the USA are sitting around waiting for their cars.

jamalj, of2worlds and D11 like this.
  23. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    My dealer has received four coupes to-date. Two with the sports package and two without.

I ordered my SF 90 spider and dealer said the car should land end of 2021 or early spring of 2022.

jamalj, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  24. BMan14

BMan14 Karting

Dec 31, 2013
    I drove an SF90 a few days ago and it was INCREDIBLE! So much power, so well executed in terms of hybrid system, AWD felt so stable, so COOL! Can’t wait for my spider.

25. Doktor Evil

Doktor Evil Rookie

Apr 22, 2011
    My GTS came in December - a lot quicker than I expected - I have an SF90 in build now - expected to land just before June and a Spyder that they are aiming to land same time next year if they can...although I’m not going to hold my breath on that.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.