355 - Has anyone Installed a Master Lube Pre-Pressurized Oiling system on the 355 | FerrariChat

355 Has anyone Installed a Master Lube Pre-Pressurized Oiling system on the 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by Laserman, Jun 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Laserman

Laserman Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Minneapolis, MN
    I would like to install a Master Lube or some other venders pre-Pressurized oil system to Lubricate all the bearings and oil passages prior to engine start.

Is there anyone that has done this with this vendors product or similar product?

If so, where is the best point to bring in the pressurized oil? At the Oil pressure sender? At the oil filter?

Laserman

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Can I ask why you think this is needed?

3. Laserman

Laserman Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Minneapolis, MN
    Since most Ferraris sit some time in-between engine starts, the oil lubrication will settle into the sump area of the engine.
    My understanding is that 80% of engine wear occurs within the first 15-20 seconds of engine start.
    The purpose of these systems is to supply pressurize oil to the journals, bearings, cam shafts etc before the engine is started.
    Therefore there is no dry running until the oil pump can build enough pressure to lubricate the rotating parts.

Vendors claim an increase of 50 to 100% on engine life.

I feel this could be cheap insurance in an engine that is expensive to repair even when valve guides, cats and headers have been replaced.

Ferrari wants to sell us engine rebuilds and parts. It is not in their interest to extend engine life for the customer.