Has any used Avant-Garde before? | FerrariChat

Has any used Avant-Garde before?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Jonny Law, Apr 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Has anyone used Avant-Garde or worked with Matt Crandall before? I have a friend wanting to sell a car and wondering what to expect. Thanks

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Avant-Garde sells vehicles on BaT all the time ?
    Never hurts to give them a call.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I just bought a car from them, and my brother has done a lot of stuff with them. So far, I'm happy.

I don't know how their shop is, but I'm going to find out because my (new to me) 911 needs to go back to them for some minor servicing and tweaking. Nothing beyond what you'd expect in a 45 year old car. And, to be fair, the car I bought from them was not serviced by their shop before I bought it, which is slightly unusual for them.

I think their presentation and reputation brings a premium on bringatrailer, so if that's what your friend is thinking of doing, I think it would be worthwhile. That's where they sell most of their cars, although they also sell stuff at live auctions if that's appropriate.

PM me if you have anything specific to ask.

5. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    I can’t think of a better shop to sell a car on consignment. Let them do their thing and you’ll get more than if you sold it yourself without any hassle.

A few weeks ago they were kind enough to take on my buddies old e46 BMW sedan. Not a car normally in their wheel house. They hit it outta the park!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-330i-8/

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Their reputation on BringATrailer is worth a lot-- I think they get 5-10% more, at least, than the same car would get with a less well-known seller.

7. emissary

emissary Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I've only had one experience with Avant-Guard, and it unfortunately wasn't particularly positive. I had an agreed upon deal with Matt on an '08 Gallardo SL a few years ago. I asked to put a deposit down on the car, which he assured me wasn't necessary; he then sold the car out from under me two days later while I was contacting local shops for a PPI.

8. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Thanks for all the help guys.