Hands-On Review: CXC Simulations Motion Pro II Racing Simulator! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Hands-On Review: CXC Simulations Motion Pro II Racing Simulator!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Jedi, Sep 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chris-CXC Simulations

Chris-CXC Simulations Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    Nope :) We do have simulators all over the world, so it's possible you've seen one of our customer's simulators.

2. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    #52 Chris-CXC Simulations, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
    In another thread someone asked me to make a list of all the Ferrari's we can load in the simulator, so I thought I'd post the list here as well:

It's a cobbled together list. There are still many more, but it's really hard to track them all down... I might make a more complete list later...

GT/Prototype:

Ferrari F430 (Street Car)
    Ferrari 288 GTO (Challenge Car)
    Ferrari 612 (Street Car)
    Ferrari F60
    Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
    Ferrari Enzo FXX
    Ferrari F40
    Ferrari 360 Modena (Challenge Car)
    Ferrari California
    Ferrari 550 GT1
    Ferrari 575 GT1
    Ferrari 430 GT2
    Ferrari 458 (Street Car)
    Ferrari 250 GTO
    Ferrari 275 GTB/C
    Ferrari 512S Coda Corta Targa
    Ferrari 512S Coda Corta Coupe
    Ferrari 512S Coda Lunga
    Ferrari 312P
    Ferrari 365 GTB/4
    Dino 206 GT
    Dino 246 GT & GTS
    Dino 308 GT4

Open Wheel:

Ferrari 625 (F1 55)
    Ferrari 156 (F1 61)
    Ferrari 312B (F1 70)
    Ferrari 312T3 (F1 79)
    Ferrari 312T4 (F1 79)
    Ferrari 312T4B (F1 79)
    Ferrari F1/87 (F1 87)
    Ferrari F1/88C (F1 88)
    Ferrari 642 (F1 91)
    Ferrari 310B (F1 97)
    Ferrari 399 (F1 99)
    Ferrari F2001 (F1 01)
    Ferrari F2004M (F1 04)
    Ferrari F2005 (F1 05)
    Ferrari F2006 (F1 06)
    Ferrari F2007 (F1 07)
    Ferrari F2008 (F1 08)
    Ferrari F60 (F1 09)
    Ferrari F10 (F1 09)

3. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    This looked like a company building a simulator and it was somewhere near San Jose. It is the same building where I saw the Tramontana earlier this year.

GT

4. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    Hmm... Not us for sure. We are in Southern California.

Sounds interesting though.

5. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Rats! The poor 328 NEVER makes anyone's list :)

Jedi

6. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    It makes my list Pops! :D

7. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I keep tellin ya - COME TO SEATTLE and DRIVE IT!!

:)

Pops

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    One day, I'll try. School takes over my life for the most part, so maybe in the summer of 2011.

9. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    #59 anxpert, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2010
    I must agree that the overall quality of the CXC system is at the top of it's class, and can understand and appreciate Jedi's comments / evaluation.

The key to a positive experience in a simulator does in fact implement " feedback " and " visual stimulation as principal components.

The " hurl " effect in other simulators is defined as KINETOSIS aka SAS Simulator Adaptive Syndrome. The overall effect of multiple monitors , eye relief ( distance to the monitors ), refresh rate and motion cues to name a few factors all contribute to the simulator experience.

Software development in off the shelf games and faster PCs' - Video Cards allow for innumerable adjustments, choices and vehicle set-ups. Combine this with a well built platform and you have a CXC.

An acknowledgment to Chris and CXC for the effort put forth in building a very nice simulator .... believe me when I say I know what it takes.

10. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    posted in the Silver thread, I thought I'd put it here also:

I'd have to think that many Ferrari dealers would like to have the simulator in their showroom. Lots of benefits and maybe if the dollars could be worked out, a buyer of a new, high-end model could possibly have one worked into the deal. A perfect item to have for those rainy days when the real car would not be driven! If CXC could come up with ideas that would increase their volume, the higher sales would create a reduced price so more people could afford to have one.

Just a thought: Lets say CXC thought outside of the 'track box' and incorporated major city interstates with real life driving scenario's. You could be southbound on the 405 in LA from the 101 with only 20 minutes to get to LAX in moderate traffic. It's moving at the limit with ****** drivers cutting you off, not letting you in for a lane change, eye candy to check out and a road rage or two. That could be quite fun! Other ideas could include mountain roads to haul ass on in which a Highway Patrol comes into view (there would have to be a rear view of some sort with video) in which the driver could be the subject of a high speed chase!

11. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Do you guys have an Evo VIII to drive? I'd like to see what it's like to compare to my car.

12. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    #62 Chris-CXC Simulations, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
    No, unfortunately not. We do however have an Evo IX :)

13. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    That would work just as well!! Do you have these cars specced in the simulator as USDM cars or ROW cars? (not just the Evo but Ferrari, etc?)

For example, USDM cars typically heavier, less power than ROW cars for emissions/safety, on the pre-Evo USDM cars came without yaw-control and a locking diffs.

14. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    Well, the Evo is actually in one of our more "video game" type software packages. This means the physics model is not what we would call training quality. I doubt they took into account such fine details in the car model.

These things are all relative though as most people consider Grand Turismo and Forza simulation quality. The physics engine in the software package the Evo is in is light years above those even.....

15. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    So which cars get the full-simulation grade modeling? I assume to get that right you would have to simulate telemetry models from actual race cars and integrate them into the simulator?

16. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine

Well, these terms are pretty subjective. We don't necessarily have clearly defined levels. Some are simply better than others.

My comment was merely that I know that specific car would probably not be detailed enough to simulate the difference between USDM and ROW.

Yes, it certainly helps to have detailed telemetry and CAD data.

17. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Chris - which software maker would you say has the most detailed telemetry data?

Jedi

18. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine

For consumer level software, probably iRacing. rFactor (with the proper content) would be a close second.

19. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #69 SPEEDCORE, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I spotted this at the motorshow at the Ford stand unfortunately the dude was on his dinner break so never got to see it in action :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Interesting.

Given that there are several companies trying to do the same thing and that consumer markets for home entertainment are growing I wonder how long it will take until prices start to come down.

I would have ordered my CXC a long time ago if it wasn't for the price. I realize there are many good reasons for these machines to cost as much as they do, but from my perspective as consumer I think the price should be somewhere around 10k-20k. Basically the equivalent of an average car.

21. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    #71 Chris-CXC Simulations, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010

I guess that would be like wondering when a Ferrari will cost what a Toyota does.

There are simulators in that price range now (and well below). The difference is; quality and performance.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Toyota, it's just not the same as a Ferrari. For those looking for cost savings with a few compromises, the Toyota is for you!

We hand build our simulators (in very low volumes) to be the best on the market. We use the best components and materials on the market. We agonize over every detail ensuring that our customers get the best experience possible.

22. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
  23. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
  24. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  25. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    Posted a new video showing some of the cars from iRacing in our simulator: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJyTvxuXODY[/ame]