Hamilton’s Post Race Behavior Atrocious ***spoilers*** | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Hamilton’s Post Race Behavior Atrocious ***spoilers***

Discussion in 'F1' started by xpensivewino, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I think both Lewis and Max contributed to the incident. Max’s aggressively pushing/squeezing Lewis into the (old) pit wall on the run leading to Copse certainly contributed to his “bad angle” on corner entry.

Patrick Dixon likes this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Unless Lewis expected max to give up the corner (which Max didn't need to do), Lewis was wholly at fault for his ''bad angle'' entry. Hence he got a penalty, albeit a light one.

You're free to think otherwise of course.

I think it sets the precedent for the rest of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar incident occurs with Lewis DNF. Hopefully the Stewards think back to their slap on the wrist policing and give a light penalty to Max as well.

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lewis went on the outside of Max going into Copse during the sprint race.....that didn't yield anything for Lewis.

Lewis, during the race, made a fake maneuver again on the outside while going into copse then bolted inside of Max as Max made a move in the middle of the track. Lewis was at a bad angle at this point as Max maneuvered outside to get the optimal racing line while entering copse. Lewis saw the gap and took it while running shallow into copse. After Lewis hit Max, Lewis went well up and over the kerbs while exiting copse. Lewis took a bad racing line and took out his leading opponent.

4. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

We'll soon see if FIA stewards consistantly apply light touch penalties for causing collision into walls, or whether it's just a special penalty for Sir Loo.

5. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Watch the video again. Lewis was never fully even with Max Lewis drew to within a meter of Max's front wheel and backed out of the throttle. (I don't profess to be inside Lewis's head so I don't know why he did it - but he did it). By backing out of the throttle weight would be transferred forward and the front wheels would bite a bit more - but they didn't, Lewis still understeered. This meant he was going much faster than the conditions allowed and is the reason why he hit Max and got the "wink wink" penalty from the Stewards. He should have gotten a more severe penalty than one that he could easily overcome.

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    probably true...

Jakuzzi and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  7. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    That's really it in a nutshell. And obviously the stewards happened to feel it was #44's fault. The only real debate is whether the punishment fit the crime (and if this is the precedent going forward).

Beau365, jgonzalesm6 and 375+ like this.
  8. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Lewis gave Max a dose of his own medicine , Max has developed the Senna syndrome , he has caused numerous accidents being a hard ass . I like both drivers , they are the class of the field right now and they are both posturing for dominance , we will see more of this . I am glad Max wasn't hurt .

9. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    How many accidents did Max cause the last couple of years?
    The last one to kick out someone was Hamilton. The time before was also Hamilton torpedoing Albon away from a victory he really needed.
    He tried the same with Leclerc even after the collision with Max.

Yet Max keeps to be the aggressor who got what he gives?
    Doesn’t sound really fair.

stavura, tuttebenne, Bas and 4 others like this.
  10. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    To win in F1 , you have to be cutthroat . Fairness is all subject to interpretation , life isn't fair

RobertJRB and Patrick Dixon like this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Crapilton was always a cheater, but the press (mostly british) tried to sweep it under the rug. In his first year he deliberatly made contact with Massa at Monza in the first chicane in the first lap, to be able to find an excuse to cut the chicane and regain the position...he did just the same next year at Spa with Kimi..but he got screwd that time.... he also tried to push Glock out of the track at Monza in the wet that year, and how many times did he push Nico out of the track?
    Camon, he's the guy that wins a championship thanks to rigged races, that's allowed to fight till the end in a car built on stolen data, the guy that was caught lying his ass off to the stewards, to get another driver penalized, the guy that wins the race despite arriving in second place.....despite all he tries to make believe, he's one of the dirtiest drivers in f.1 history....

12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Lewis' front end was in the turbulent airflow off of Max's from wing. So wile mechanical grip went up due to weight transfer, aero grip went down.

ricksb likes this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Max takes bad racing lines every 2 hours. Yet Hamilton has been driving cautious to avoid him all season. If it were Ham on the outside he would have been more cautious and finished the race.

Patrick Dixon, william and Terra like this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Maybe.....but that didn't happen at Silverstone.

Max has 0 penalty points on his superlicense.
    Lewis has 4 points in the past 12 months.

Sometimes, good F1 drivers and in this case a multiple WDC driver, have to resort to racing "bad" when going up against a like contender.

The gloves are off for both drivers.

stavura, Bas, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  15. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

The FIA rules talk about being "substantially alongside." As seen in the photo, Lewis was much more than substantially alongside.

Lengthwise, Lewis' front wheel was far closer than 1 meter from Max's front wheel.

Patrick Dixon, william and ktu like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah Hamilton's cautious driving make Max look good, but I don't think Ham is gonna be as nice in the future.

william and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

And Schumacher wasn’t the ultimate cheater ?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Correct. As I said before, if Max didn't crash there would be no penalty and this thread would'nt exist.

Patrick Dixon and william like this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

To be fair you are correct over the past 2 years. Max is aggressive but no collisions so that’s acceptable and fun to watch but prior to that he was pretty dangerous

20. Natkingcolebasket69

Im glad to have seen this long version today.

People have been quick to bash the British fan for cheering Max’s accident but this is proof that people actually were way more sensible.
    Faith in humanity restored.

F2003-GA, jgonzalesm6 and ricksb like this.
  21. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Michael Schumacher and Hamilton should not be mentioned in the same breath. There is no comparison. Michael dominated F1 in a way probably no driver before or since will. Lewis is an exceptionally quick and talented driver, but in an utterly dominant car. Many of Lewis’ championships his team mate finished 2nd in the championship. No offense to Nico or Valteri, but I don’t consider either of them “almost” the greatest drivers of all time. Only two of Michaels championships were runner up’d by Rubens. Michael showed up earlier, worked harder, studied longer, and aided in the engineering and building of the cars and teams better than anyone else. He was the ultimate cheater??????

stavura, Baracus250GT, Bas and 2 others like this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

#197 Natkingcolebasket69, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    U let ur love for Michael blind u. Nobody is comparing their talents. Wasn’t the point at all. Read again
    Michael cheated in 94, pushed hill out in 94, tried to cheat in 97 and still is to date rhe only driver who got his entire season point total removed. How about that Monaco pole he got stopping in the middle of the road.

Schumacher had supreme talent but he was ruthless.

I have never said Lewis is as good as Michael but when it comes to IN RACE cheating moves Michael was a bonafied ruthless guy and yeah he cheated.

And I’ll add that for meeting him he wasn’t a nice guy but that’s besides racing… really think that a guy stealing his bf’s girlfriend (frentzen) is a sign of good character ?

F2003-GA, Terra and william like this.
  23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Agree...I was actually very happy to see that people weren't as boorish as reported and cared about the safety of MV. More of this, please!!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  24. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

Pah !
    You are giving none of the due credit to women, they will switch allegiance to a winner without much encouragement ;)

We see it in football often

25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You keep posting this photo as if it's some sort of evidence. He's only there because he didn't lift, something he had to do in order to make the corner and give Max space. That won't make it his corner. If those are the rules, any driver can not brake for the next hairpin, hit the driver on the front end and say ''well sir, according to this photo I was clearly ahead, so it was my corner''.

This is a much more telling picture. See where lewis is? Also known as ''not the track''. He didn't even make the corner without Max there, let alone give him a cars' width.