Hagerty sez LaFerrari drops 22% | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Hagerty sez LaFerrari drops 22%

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Texas Forever, Dec 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    Here is a business opportuniny, for 100k battery delete. Couple of hundred kilos less, as reliable as a f12, pretty much as fast as the standard car.

wtran, of2worlds and crinoid like this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I love the Corvette, I think it's great. I also agree completely that not only can it hold it's with the best in the world, but can often beat other cars in performance costing many times the Vette.

That all said.

It's still a Corvette.

Elitist?

Absolutely.

Consider why we don't all just buy a Radical SR 8X and be done with it?

Answer that question honesty, and @ttforcefed position is explained.

3. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Right now, at this moment in time ... I own more ZR1s than Ferraris. That's my honest answer.

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #79 paulchua, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Your response is nothing but class, and I give you much respect.

Let me give some more context about my crass post. Being intellectually honest, I've often said I think Porsche is the objectively the best car maker in the world, period. Their cars, like the Corvette, presents a total package that is the envy of the world when you factor in cost, reliability, and overall performance.

I would never attempt to say what I did in a 'neutral' ground forum because there are different 'engine' strokes for different folks. This being "Ferrarichat" (and not even the American muscle subforum here) - I am naturally encouraged to be biased toward the sites' namesake.

Subjectively, I believe Ferrari is the best car in the world because of my personal reasons for their beauty, sound, and, most important, to me 'feel' on and off* the road. That's why even though I can get any 911 Turbo, I still choose Ferrari as what I judge the 'best' cars in the world.

*The exhilaration and passion of Tifosi in an F1 race is intoxicating.

To me, a Ferrari presents every drive as a 'special experience,' I enjoy the drama and theater of it, which many (most?) motorheads would pooh-pooh. (judging by the banal comments on mainstream car sites, many rationalize and put down things they know they will never attain.)

Living in the San Francisco Bay area, specifically on the border of Atherton, fancy cars are ever-ubiquitous. Every Porsche, every Vette, every Maserati is nothing special. BMW and Mercedes? Plebian. Acura and Lexus, *cough*-cheap-*cough.*

I visit the track once a year, sometimes 2 if I'm lucky, so my desire for hardcore performance doesn't align with my life right now. I lament it will only lesson into the twilight. I have to be honest foremost to myself, though, and what is 'attainable' to me. It's okay if the Fast and Furious crowd calls me a poseur. I'Ve MaDE pEacE wItH ThAt Yo!

So when I do get the opportunity to take 'her' out she always gave me the total package, a famous international singer that hits every note, never goes out of style, and parts the social waters like no one.

In less affluent areas in the Unites States, a Vette or a 911 provides that same experience, I'm sure; however, my current station is not in that alignment.

x z8, nycbrose, Tenney and 2 others like this.
  5. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Since so many folks refuse to drive their Ferraris, Ferrari made a car that HAS to be driven or pay the battery Gods....
    "Irony can be pretty ironic" Buck Murdoch, Airplane 2