Habor Freight bike lift? | FerrariChat

Habor Freight bike lift?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by parkerfe, Dec 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
  2. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I have looked at them pretty closely and while it lacks the features of more expensive tables it is also a fraction of their cost.
    BTW go pick up the Jan 2015 issue of Cycle World. Page 61 is the harbor freight ad and a coupon for the lift for $319, save 80 more than the online price.
    Need pictures and review once Santa visits!

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I looked at one at a HF store and want one. I have 6 motorcycles and am always wanting to work on and/or detail one of them and a lift will help say my 57 year old back...

4. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    I just bought a Handy....H O L Y C R O W what a difference it is working on a bike...an absolute pleasure!

Big price difference between the two but I bet the end result is close to the same. Do your homework....the Handy has some convenient features. If you can swing the Handy go for it.....it looks like it'll last forever. Otherwise go for whatever you can swing and you'll wonder why you waited so long.

5. showme1946

showme1946 Karting

Oct 9, 2011
    Columbia, Missouri
    Full Name:
    George Rickerson
    I've had the Harbor Freight table for several years and love it. For the money it can't be beat, IMHO.

6. Banzai!

Banzai! Karting

Mar 1, 2013
    If your getting a lift just to clean or perform some simple maintenance it probablly would fulfill the need at a minimum cost. They are constructed lighter, which makes them easier to move around but a little more flimsy when it comes to a big full dresser. Rigidity is not as much of an issue if you just have a dirt bike or sport bike.

Personally, I don't mind paying a little more for a quality tool. Handy was the professional standard for a long time and isn't a bad value if you want to move up a grade in durability and stability. It's nice to have a good solid feeling platform to work from. Remember, sometimes you might be tugging on a wrench at some weird angle to a bike thats strapped to this platform. My personal choice was a KL lift: Motorcyle Lifts, Performance & Wheel Equipment, & Hand Tools

Maybe not for everybody, but I use mine alot and love it. I like the drop out pannels at both ends, the ride in chock and choices or other available accessories. I can lift a Trike or 4 wheeler if needed too. The quality is first rate and I expect it to outlast me. One of the center pieces of equipment in my garage.

7. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    #7 ghibliman, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    The K&L is a very nice lift indeed....but if it matters it does have a front drop panel? and are the floor frame cumbersome? Like I said earlier, there are lots of features to consider when picking out what's right for you.

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My heavest bikes, a Ducati SC1000 andKawasaki H2 both weigh around 400 pounds, with the rest of them weighing less than 230 pounds, so the HF lift table will be fine for my home use.

9. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I've had two of those for three years. Use the coupon, fantastic price and they work great!