Haas | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Haas

Discussion in 'F1' started by Tokyo Drftr, Feb 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I've only met him once and was instantly turned off... cant explain it. It was when he came in 2nd at Austin... right after the podium ceremony ... he had changed out of his driving suit... maybe he was star struck by Matt LeBlanc at the time....but he was just strange.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No, this is in preparation for the budget ceiling. This way the Ferrari employees are paid on the Haas budget.

Mick at Haas is more because Sauber might drop the "Alfa" engine next year. Ferrari wants to keep Mick in their league.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    That makes sense.

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    This is simply a way to allow the large Ferrari team members to continue to a) be paid and b) work on Ferrari F1 advancements while remaining loyal to Ferrari.

Mick is merely added rational, the cost-cap is the driving influence.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    [AMuS]

Haas is well on schedule. The parts of the new car are almost ready. By mid-February, the VF-21 should be completely ready. But the engine can't be fired up because Ferrari engineers can't come to England. Atm it looks like they can only fire up the engine at testing.

For the first time Haas is assembling their new cars in the factory in Banbury. This is due to the new homologation regs, because many parts have to be taken over from the previous car and those are already in the Banbury.

Mick Schumacher will have his final seat fit at the Haas factory in Banbury, in the first week of February (so this week).

The new Haas will have a different look despite the many identical parts from the previous car. Steiner: "Things like front wing, baffles/deflectors & brake ducts are new. They had to be adapted to the new floor." First two wind tunnel sessions this year were for the 2021 car.

Haas did not use any development tokens this year. Ferrari is concentrating their modifications on the rear. Haas has decided to only go ahead with a modified gearbox. No tokens. The logos of the Russian company Uralkali and Haas Automotion will be on the cars.

6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Joe how will that be possible unless he is already in the UK?

7. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    "First week of February"......could mean today or-thru Friday....possibly Sat. and Sun. is the way I take it.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Right hand is nice enough, left is... bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s the thing though. Making it to f1 got to be some sort of success.-Luck will not always be on his side. I get the passion but he had a few nasty accidents , he has kids... I’d have considered stopping

10. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    E60 M5 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Dang that’s tough!

12. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    RUMOR

Gene Haas has reportedly been looking for a way out of F1, while RICH and URALKALI are both looking for their way into the sport after they failed to buy Force India in 2018.

- We believe this is most likely and would mean that RICH and URALKALI may buy Haas F1 in 2022.

Storey and Mazepin.......2nd time's a charm?????.......maybe???:confused:

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Very interesting scenario!! How enduring would this be? :)

14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003

What is Gene going to do with this F1 building building over here ??

15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I wouldn't give the team much chance to survive with these 2 (RICH and URALKALI) owning it !

I think Ferrari's involvement and technical support could soon come to an end too.

Let's hope I am wrong.

16. DF1

The contractual language dealing with a 'sale' for Haas would be interesting. If sold do Ferrari have to continue to support.

william likes this.
  17. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Hard to believe all involved would place Mick there is there was this kind of sale in the wind????

18. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Rich Energy at it again? This will go as well as last time.

19. DF1

The confusing 'aspect' is how Uralkali has any reason to interact business with Rich Energy who have essentially zero worth in comparison.

20. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Money Laundering......

Ferraripilot likes this.
  21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I don't even remember what the image was all about.

Seriously, I'm fed up with all this.

22. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Then why come back?

23. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/155100/haas-and-williams-linked-to-bwt-sponsor-move

The iconic pink colour of Austrian water treatment company BWT could remain in Formula 1 this year, with sources indicating it has held talks with Haas and Williams.

BWT was the title sponsor of Racing Point last year, having worked with the Silverstone-based outfit since 2017.

Its famous pink livery proved to be a standout in the series, and achieved its most famous moment when Sergio Perez triumphed at the Sakhir Grand Prix last year.

However, Racing Point's rebranding as Aston Martin, and preference to run a British racing green livery, meant that BWT's partnership with the team ended.

While there has been no confirmation that BWT will continue its involvement in F1, sources have indicated to Autosport that the company has been looking at two choices to keep its colours in grand prix racing.

One option is to move to Haas, which has been without a title sponsorship since a deal with energy drinks company Rich Energy collapsed midway through 2019.

Although requests to the American-owned team and BWT to comment on the possibility have not been responded to, rumours about the tie-up have accelerated after some intriguing comments in the German media.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

With Mick Schumacher making his F1 debut for Haas this year, his uncle Ralf suggested to German publication Express that there could be a new sponsor and new colours for the team.

"A sponsor has just become available," said Schumacher. "Not that this particular colour comes into play with Mick."

Ralf Schumacher's son David (Mick's cousin) has competed in BWT's pink colours in the past, during his time with Ralf's and Gerhard Ungar's US Racing team in Formula 4.

It is understood, however, that Haas may not be BWT's only option, with sources revealing that the company has held talks with the Williams team too.

Williams is undergoing a revamp under new investors Dorilton Capital, and appeared to run its new FW43B in a plain blue livery at Silverstone on Wednesday.

Despite the early outing for the car, the team is not planning to hold a launch event until 5 March. The delay in revealing its 2021 challenger could be linked to the finalising of new sponsorship deals.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Williams has declined to comment on the specifics of any BWT talks.

24. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!

I sort of question Gene's sanity in all this. He wanted to get into F1 to make his brand more international, but he also talked some serious trash about 'beating the Europeans at their own game' and blah blah. He had to have inspected the economics of this at some time....hadn't he? He knew it took Red Bull 4-5 years and a cool $1B+ to develop a winning team right? Like most things Ferrari, the price is the price and F1 is no different.

25. DF1

Not a team that is in to win. Media brand exposure for now. His words you note were an interesting press release, generate interest.

william likes this.