GTO on rt. 32 | FerrariChat

GTO on rt. 32

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by bimmer32five, Dec 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I usually don't post since I "only" drive a BMW, but I saw a GTO on rt. 32 just past rt. 29 today (saturday)...never seen one in person...real nice. Probably a long shot, but was it one of you guys?

Mark

2. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    There was supposed to be a GTO at Grand Touring on Saturday. So maybe it was that guy? I mean, how many of them are out here?

3. bimmer32five

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    it's a possiblity...it was a 288 not a 250 but it was headed in the general direction of the laurel rt. 1 area.

4. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

There weren't any GTOs at Grand Touring for the Open House, but the only 288 I know of in the area is Bill Marriott's.

5. bimmer32five

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    yeah...but I think he lives out in Potomac...hopefully i'll see it again.

6. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

This is it.

7. bimmer32five

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    what a car!...though can't say i'm a fan of front tags. I know they are required in MD...but I don't have one on my BMW...i requested at the dealer that no holes or brackets be mounted on the front.

8. jmuriz

jmuriz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I actually know the guy that designed Bill's garage. He showed me pics of the garage, it looks amazing. The cars there are fantastic, had to rig an old 60's F1 boat OVERTOP of a GT40 and Cobra, wow!
    BTW he took him out for a spin in the 288, said it was a scary quick car.

9. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    every other year or so, Mr. Marriott invites the Mid-Atlantic FCA group over for a garage tour. Besides the Ferraris, the rest of his collection is extremely diverse - and plentiful!

what looks to be the late 50s caddy next to the 288 wasn't there last time we went . . .

10. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    I think that's a Chrysler 300..... F..... next to the GTO

11. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I assume you guys have seen this issue of Forza about Marriott. If not, check it out. It's April 2002 number 36. He is quite a guy. I managed the construction of the downtown Indianapolis Marriott high rise and met him briefly at our grand opening in '01. During training for all the new hotel staff they passed out his biography as required reading and I grabbed a copy.
    BTW, if you come to the USGP stay in our hotel! (shameless plug)

12. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Mr. Marriott's building even made it on F1-Live.com a while back!