GTC4Lusso | Page 21 | FerrariChat

GTC4Lusso

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by deltona, Feb 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Ooof tough crowd haha. It's one of those wheels that you need to see it on an application to appreciate it. We gained a high amount of praise when we got to shoot an FF with them.

2. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    They might work better on an F12. Might suit the brutal nature of that car better, rather than the more refined nature of the FF/GTC4Lusso.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Good stuff.

Love your FF in white, suits it so well!

4. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    You really need to look at this thread:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ff-gtc4lusso-f12/509130-official-hre-wheels-photo-gallery-ferrari-ff-f12-berlinetta.html

IMO it's a very nice aftermarket wheel, it's a clean, clever retro design which fits most f-cars great. Of course, silver is better, chrome should be applied carefully, if at all.

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #505 F2003-GA, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Back on track.

Saw the Lusso today and the reason for the new name was to get away from FF as how could you have an alphabet soup of FFM and whilst there are GTC stylistic elements, Lusso was apparently only meant to reference the luxury nature of the car.

Two things. First, the reception evidenced in firm orders has been excellent, and they are further ahead at this early stage in the cycle than they were at the FF launch. Secondly, whilst I was very impressed with rear headroom and to a degree legroom, albeit I am over 6ft 2, the infotainment centre and passenger read out were exceptional (welcome to the 21st century Ferrari), what concerned me was the standard fit, it was just a little thin' and I could see spending quite a lot in extras to truly fulfil the full Lusso potential, but then what a car.

Incidentally, the RWS does apparently operate in the same way as the tdf and all in all a really wonderful effort by Ferrari and a great improvement to my eye.

7. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    Or you could just buy 599 GTO wheels, or even F12 wheels and get the same look as these and know that when you go to sell them, the prices haven't tanked

This dealer also sold me wheels for my Ferrari some years ago (not HRE's) that didn't fit- To this day I don't have the wheels or my money back. Just a heads up...

8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Iif ferrari wanted 6'2" people to fit in rear, they should have made small rear 1/2 doors like mazda had on rx8. That would make sense. No one is using lusso for nite on town with 2 couples as it is. Rear seat is for children or briefcase

9. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde

I agree with 95spiderman. Either they should have made it more of a Coupe or added rear 1/2 doors to entry and exit, which is usually the biggest complaint leveled by passengers of a 2+2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    See now that's what you would think, but Ferrari intended the 2nd couple and some of the guys who own these cars will defend them fiercely until the end if you tell them the car should've been made as a coupe with that occasional use back seat like the 456/612.

I agree with you; and as much as I LOVE the car's capabilities and looks, that station wagon roofline remains a deal breaker for me...

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    that just makes me wet those wheels..

12. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I take 4 adults (often large adults) out on the town often. With the pano roof, and the ocean views, or in the rain it's super comfy and they love it.

13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Excellent news! Thank you Tim!

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Those are my favorite HRE's they do justice to most cars :)

15. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Precisely! Not quite sure what I think of the new rear - doesn't seem as resolved to me...

16. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    That might have more to do with people now being used to the idea of the peculiar format than it does a greater demand over the FF. A lot of people had to get over 'the shock of the new' when the FF was released. In a sense the FF was laying the groundwork for the Lusso.

I wasn't sure to start with but the more I see it the more it's starting to make sense. Even the double lights which looked too over the top are starting to work for me now, especially now I've seen that they're sort of hollow, they look quite interesting.

17. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    OK - good to know. Look forward to seeing it in the metal!

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    With the Lusso being lower than the FF, did you find there was less room inside the car? Or have they fixed this in another way?

19. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I last drive an FF a few years ago and so difficult to compare but if I had to guess, the cabin felt just a tiny bit smaller but I couldn't tell you where, and the better for it. A lovely place to be.

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

21. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I was intrigued by this, also. They say nothing really specific about room, headroom, backseats headroom. If anything, we'll have to suppose it's the same. But then again, is it the roofline exactly the same? Do you have vs. height figures?

22. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    So I thought I'd look it up. Actually, the GTC4 is a tad taller tan the FF: 1383 mm vs. 1379. Unless tire sizes are taking part in this difference, which I suspect not.

23. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Anyone seen price list of options ? I've only seen (received) base price; before adding options

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Interesting, thank you. I'm sure I read somewhere the car was supposed to be 2cm lower. Perhaps the car itself sits a bit lower, but inside room has been made bigger.

25. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    Can you please share the price info you got so far?
    I was told prices and options to be released just before Geneva motor show.