GTC4Lusso Official Picture Thread. | Page 6 | FerrariChat

GTC4Lusso Official Picture Thread.

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by rmitchell248, Feb 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I think there's misunderstanding.

I personally prefer 2+2 cars, and although a minority, we are out there.

I don't love the roofline of the FF/Lusso, but the cars are Awesome.

If they made a coupe version of the FF/Lusso, similar to the F12, I'd likely buy it over an F12 because of the four wheel drivetrain package of the car.

Ferrari will never drop the same powerplant in both its flagship coupe and the 2+2 cars, so I can understand the respective preference that we and others have, but I'd be one that'd be Ok with a few less ponies to get the 4 wheel set-up.

And again, there were coupe variant rumors on the FF update as an added model. If indeed it came to be as a coupe roofline with a back seat, I'd be on line to own one. That was my point.

2. RKumpis

RKumpis Rookie

Dec 12, 2015
    There is a reason for the ...lusso. Maybe a ...coupe or ...sport will show up as the lusso model orders get to their saturation point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Thanks for clarifying. I thought you meant coupe as in 2-seater in which case its hard to understand why Ferrari would make both an F12 and also a 2-seat 'watered down' version with 4WD. I see now that you would like a Lusso without the shooting brake design but rather a coupe style roof line and keep 2+2. Not sure if it is wise though to keep copying the F12 design further. Would be interesting to see the in-house design do a non-PF based clean sheet effort on the next one. -best

4. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I don't know if it's because of the colour but that doesn't do it for me at all.

5. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    What dealer is the car shown at?

6. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
  7. HRE_Jurrian

HRE_Jurrian Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan
    #133 HRE_Jurrian, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    randkin likes this.
  8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Looks amazing - Thanks :)

9. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
  10. hewenyi911cs

hewenyi911cs Rookie

Jan 8, 2016
  11. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  12. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #138 Brian L, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    maybe it's not look good but it's NA V12 so it's great

14. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    I think we understand that you don't like it:). Your crusade is just unnecessary now. No one is going to back in time to redesign it. I spoke to the local Ferrari dealer and there are quite a number of deposits already placed with the configurator going up next week for the gtc4. It is spectacular to a lot of people and you are entitled to your own personal opinion but I think we fully understand where you stand.

15. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

"Those folks" posting their opinions do not come across as f-car owning or even potentially owning individuals. Who cares what they think......

The car (as a package) is simply awesome - impossible to argue with that

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Very true indeed Instagram posters tend to be very young and are expecting
    Exotic designs when it comes to high end sports cars so obviously they'll post
    negatives towards the Lusso. Correct measure would be right here in FChat - IMO

18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    FWIW its been reported here that orders for the GTC4 are ahead of the FF at this point. Sure you can make arguments why this time its different etc but simply put, if they do their job right orders come in. They are doing the job.

19. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    I'm just happy to see the return of the iconic double tail lamps!

20. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Again, I disagree. Instagram car lovers are not blinded by brand loyalty, or self interest.

They just see the lines. And they know all the normal cars. The rear end looks quite normal.

If sales is the measure of art we are speaking different languages. I'm all for sales and all for other opinions. Given the amount of "that's an ugly car" or "do you have kids?" that I hear ... I would think you all could tough it out.

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You bring up a good point about Instagram users- its hard to generalize- but I think most aren't the target market for this and also online forums and even more so Instagram encourage fast quick responses. Options might change over time.

Sales aren't necessarily a measure of art. They are a measure of business. Enzo Ferrari started out selling cars only to finance his passion for racing. Its always been about selling cars. This is the car business, not a charity nor patronage for starving artists. Of course when you are talking about low volume higher margin products, there is some more room for some artistic expression.

22. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    True. Without sales, we wouldn't be here talking about the Ferrari passion. It would be just another failed car company lost in the sands of time.

23. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    90% of Instagram users are under 35, which is why Facebook bought the company a few years ago. As an audience it's not even close to core Lusso buyers and I doubt Ferrari's social media listening pays much attention to the platform.

That's also why I agree with your comment about Instagram's audience brand loyalty or self interest towards Ferrari and the Lusso, but for different reasons. They are likely to have low loyalty to Ferrari and/or little self-interest because they are unlikely to have the ability to run a Ferrari, let alone buy one.

24. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS