GTC4LUSSO MY20 / FACELIFT? | FerrariChat

GTC4LUSSO MY20 / FACELIFT?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ffreakie, Nov 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ffreakie

ffreakie Rookie

Oct 23, 2006
    I am looking to order a new GTC4Lusso (doubt between 992 Turbo S, Bentley GT or GTC4Lusso)

My daily is a BMW X5 m50d (delivered in April 2019) and now has 50,000 kms. I am looking for a second car for more variety and mainly autobahn kilometers. The Bentley has my preference in terms of comfort, but is relatively 'old-fashioned' (I just turned 33) compared to the GTC. Based on the 4S, I think the Porsche is a very valid alternative, but I always think back to the ease of use of a real 2 + 2 with a real trunk. A big plus (for myself) is the new infotainment with Apple Carplay from the GTC.

I was in the garage in Luxembourg today and was faded that the Lusso model year 2020 (September production) has adaptive cruise control. I can't find any information about it on the internet ... Is anyone aware of an upcoming facelift?

Thanks for the effort!

spyderman and daytona355 like this.
  2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Don’t even think about it, grab yourself a bargain and buy a two year old 5km car. Any “facelift” will be minimal.

3. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    The adaptive cruise is part of the ADAS package. It has already been in production for some time (about a year) so it doesn’t signify a facelift for 2020.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Agreed part of ADAS and you will love the Lusso. My '19 LussoT has ADAS on it so try and find one.. I barely use that technology but can see how some might.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    ACC, Adaptive Cruise Control, would be nice on my FF. Na that will never be possible, but that is close to the only thing I might like.

6. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    You better be quick...I dont think you will be able to order a new Lusso in the new year...Last orders will be in Q4 19...I bought a new one this year with adaptive cruise control...awesome car

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Avia11, chrixxx and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I believe that the production will end sometime in 2020. Rumour has it that there will be no replacement until 2022 in the shape of the FUV.

Forget all about it though. If there will be a new Lusso in 2020, you will not see it on the road for at least 18 months. Are you willing to wait that long? And if you're a new client kr low volume buyer, add another 6-8 months to the 18.

If you want a Lusso, buy one and enjoy it. You will have ample time to enjoy it before anything new comes along.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. ffreakie

ffreakie Rookie

Oct 23, 2006
    Thanks guys! I was clearly misinformed by the salesman because he clearly told me that this was a new option for MY2020. I'm going to look for a GTC4Lusso that matches what I want including Apple Carplay & Adas!

daytona355 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    True, order books are officially closed and production will end in mid 2020. maybe some dealers have still building slots available but no successor so far!

tfazio and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Lusso goes away in favor of suv?

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That's odd. Last Monday, a friend of mine debated ordering either a Lusso or a Porto with our local dealer. Ended up with a new Lusso off the floor as the spec was spot on. It's a large dealer, and so far I can see, they are still taking Lusso orders. Might be the last ones, but they are taking them never the less.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I was told 18 months ago that the V12 Lusso would end in December 2018, the rumors have gone on, but they will make them until people stop ordering them, why not? There is no replacement until the 22 FUV.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    My hands on the paddle is ACC!

ScottS and Way2fast like this.
  14. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    The new Bentley is a serious car. For the autobahn kms, better than the Lusso, the Lusso is more fun on the curves. As long as you don’t have long legs (or rear seat passengers). And it’s also available as a convertible.

If you want backroad fun, the Lusso T is in another league - but it sounds like you need 4WD.

The Lusso feels more special than the Bentley, but it’s marginal.

635CSI likes this.
  15. ffreakie

ffreakie Rookie

Oct 23, 2006
    I could have a slot in Luxembourg & Belgium at 2 different dealers. So they still take orders. I asked my salesperson in Belgium and they don't know (or may not share) whether there will be a successor. But in the last few days I have read quite a lot on different forums, and no one can say for sure whether there will be a successor for the Lusso. The only thing I don't want is to order a car or buy second-hand today and then drive around in September 2020 with an 'old model'. For now, the cards are in favor of Porsche & Bentley. Although I continue to be sold to the Ferrari model and they remain (at least in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg) much more special than other brands.

16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    As an update, I've been told that production of GTC4 Lusso (both V8 and V12) has been put to an end.

17. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Same rumor every year. And then production continues....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    A dealer giving a specific date for end of production could be a false information, but I would not qualify it as a rumor. Btw it's the first time I get this statement from this source.

19. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    My dealer told me two years ago the last V12 Lusso would be built in March 2018, he was told that by Ferrari North America. Even the Official Ferrari Distributor can’t get a straight answer from Maranello.
    They’ll make one if you order one until the FUV is in production is my bet, they make a lot of profit manufacturing a Lusso.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    The CEO of Ferrari announced at the earning call in July that Lusso will end production

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My dealer is asking people if they would like a Lusso build because it seems that we are near the end of being able to order.... Anyone thinking of ordering one I would tell you the car is really fabulous. It's so useable.

ScottS and uhn2000 like this.
  22. Lightening

Lightening Rookie

Oct 20, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ken Gee
    This fits with what my UK dealer has said.........and I agree the car is fabulous and it’s most loved by the dealership drivers who pick up/ deliver cars.....they drive them all- and say the Lusso is their favourite.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. ffreakie

ffreakie Rookie

Oct 23, 2006
    Guys, I finally made the decision and ordered a Porsche 992 Turbo S coupé a couple of weeks ago. Before the outbreak of COVID-19 my delivery date was (at the dealership, 4/24/2020) but the delivery would only take place on 05/13/2020 because they need to wait for the official release.
    Today I've received a phone call from a Ferrari Dealership asking if there was still any interest in ordering a Lusso. I asked the salesmen if production is going to stop and he replied that it would be new to him since they released another update in June 2019. But that was a software upgrade and addition of the ADAS package? Will production of the Lusso be stopped or will it be continued? I would perhaps order a Lusso V12 if I'm sure it will stay in production, but I receive different signals and that makes the choice difficult.

24. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think if they take the order it means you will get a car.

Chaos likes this.
  25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Usually yes. But we have to consider who's taking the order. Are we talking a dealer taking the order, or an actual order received by Maranello that is Green 10. If the latter, yes, then the car is at go. They can still cancel it if something happens, but it is rare. But a dealer can tell you all sorts of wives tales just so that he can hold your money for you. It's easier to goad people into purchasing something else if they already have part of the payment. Tell me if this sounds familiar. "Oh that Pista Spider that you ordered cannot be ordered anyway. But hey, since we have your deposit, what about a 488 Spider?". Dealer playing games sometimes. Exchange Pista Spider with new GTC4Lusso and 488 Spider with used GTC4Lusso, and that's a possible outcome. Not saying that is what will happen, just saying the scenario is not impossible. But if the OP can get a proper allocation with a car that goes Green 10, then the car should be on go.