GTC4 Lusso T: First time buyer's questions | FerrariChat

GTC4 Lusso T: First time buyer's questions

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Mike83, Jun 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike83

Mike83 Rookie

Jul 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi everyone - trust you are doing well, and safe. :)

I'm 38 years old, and considering my very first Ferrari. I have a young family (Mrs. and 2 boys: 7/5 years) and we are moving up from a 2018 BMW 730Li. We are currently looking at a very lightly used GTC4 Lusso T. We live in a country with zero snow and next to nil rain, so AWD is not required. As an entrant to the brand, the V8's noise is more than adequate to keep the hair on the back of my neck permanently tingled.

A couple of questions we had are below. (Tried to Google them and search on the forum - not much luck, but if you can point to relevant threads, I'd be happy to read).

1. Front axle lift:
    a) What it standard equipment on the GTC4 Lusso T, or was it an option?
    b) How do you use it? How can I check on the car that I am looking at, if it has it or not?

2. Do you have any recommendations of what are the narrowest or best fitting car seats for the back of the GTC4 Lusso T?

3. Would anyone be in a position to share some pics with kids in the back (blurred ofcourse). Just want to see if kids are/can be comfortable in there for 2-3 hour journeys. If not pics, write up are also appreciated. My 7 year old is about 20 kg, and 5 year old is about 16 kg.

4. My prospective Ferrari comes with a spare tire in the boot - but it eats up the space. Does Ferrari have any approved runflats that we can use in the GTC4 L T? Any experience if it ruins the ride?

5. How do you switch on the front camera? I'd like to check this feature in my next test ride.

Any additional recommendations and tips would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!
    Mike

2. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    1. Option, there is a button on the right side by the center air vent, my V12 raises all 4 wheels not just the front
    2. ----------
    3. An adult up to 6ft tall will fit in the back no problem
    4. The stock tires can be had with a tire inflator kit if you dont have a spare tire option
    5. Camera button is beside the Lift Button

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    For car seats, I use the Romer Kidfix. No issue at all. I’ll check if I can find pictures with the kids in the seats (from memory I have some but not sure you can see the full body). My kids were 4 and 6 when I got the car, and are now 7 and 9. Only the 7 still use the car seat. Both kids fit very comfortably in the back (I also have the rear iPad installation option). I just ask them to remove their shoes so that they dont dirty/damage the back of the front seats.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. Mike83

Mike83 Rookie

Jul 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you both for your quick and clear feedback!

5. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #5 gilly6993, Jun 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Diono car seat work best for me. This is an old pic but you get the idea.

I have a 4 and almost 7 year old. The older one may do better with a booster. My older one is still in the car seat in the Lusso but booster in other cars. I’ll switch it out soon in the Ferrari. Adults fit perfect as well.

Lift (full car) and camera buttons are to the left of the steering wheel in the US. Opposite ROW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk View attachment 3154387

6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  7. Mike83

Mike83 Rookie

Jul 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Gilly6993: thank you so much. This is really appreciated ... especially by the Mrs. :)

8. Ferrarista98

Ferrarista98 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason L
    Anything under the car seats to protect leather from the hard impressions of the plastic base?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There’s a blanket under the seats and the rear bolsters are removed.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Ferrarista98

Ferrarista98 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason L
    Ahh that’s key. Good to know the bolsters come out easily.

11. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
  12. Mike83

Mike83 Rookie

Jul 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
  13. Mike83

Mike83 Rookie

Jul 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Guys/ladies - thank you for the information and the pics. Super useful.

I'm also keen to check out the cost of various spare parts/items for the car. Yes, the car has a warranty - however, I'm hoping to keep the car for a long term. Doing the research on cost of parts and servicing/repairing via a reputed by non-Ferrari mechanic.

Is there any online website for ordering Ferrari parts (e.g. carbon ceramic brake discs, other brake components etc.)? (Something like www.suncoastparts.com is for Porsche?) Any link to a site that gives prices of parts for GTC4 Lusso would be super helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    Melvin

14. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/part-finder/ferrari/gtc4lusso

15. Mike83

Mike83 Rookie

Jul 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
  16. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I wouldn’t worry about brake rotors for a long while, nor pads. The CCB’s tend to last much longer than steel.

It’s a great car, very daily drivable (I do), good on gas, and much fun to drive.

Diono does fit well, second this recommendation. I also use the Clek oobr booster, another good fit.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and Magnus Kanerfalk like this.
  17. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. TriumphantTaco

Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2018
    Regarding the spare tire, my 2012 FF bizarrely came with that option. At least on the FF, the mounting bracket for the spare can be removed (4 bolts I believe) and you can reclaim the space. My spare tire and the bracket are sitting on a shelf in my garage since I bought the car 3 years ago.

ANOpax and Caeruleus11 like this.