GTC4 Lusso seat | FerrariChat

GTC4 Lusso seat

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by j09333, Jul 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Had a seat time briefly today.
    Seat bolster seems narrower than FF and seat back seems harder.

I am afraid motor trend's complaint about the seat comfort seems right.

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    which type of seats were they? Daytona or standard? I sat on the standard ones when I ordered mine, and found them quite ok to me, but I am rather skinny (73Kg for 182cm, or 6ft 1) so I dont think I would be bothered much by narrower bolsters.

3. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Daytona.
    I am 173 78kg i found seat narrow

4. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    I found the FF seat side bolsters pressed into my legs and become a source for annoyance over time. When i sat in the Lusso I found it quite comfortable with a more relaxed position for the adjustable seat side bolster but this was the standard seat which I ordered as I had not seen or sat in a Daytona version and didn't want to risk it.

5. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    #5 Scraggy, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I've seen worse and fortunately its in an area less noticeable than it could be. It would bother me but I guess the only solution would be an entire new seat-back from the factory?

Its a rear too, isn't it?

7. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    I would've gone straight to Maranello and ask to fix it ASAP!

Seems not are there only exterior paint issues needed to be fixed, I guess there's also a need for extensive leather conditioning treatment...

Do I notice a little misalignment of the upper central stripe with the bottom one?

8. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I personally think it is not acceptable... In the Mercedes forum, many buyers had the same issue with some GLE/GLS seats. Most of them returned to the dealer and got it somewhat fixed under warranty. In the best cases the seat cover was replaced (but that didnt always fix the issue as apparently it's a common manufacturing defect) and in some other cases the dealers just installed some types of clamps to tighten the leather... Anyway, my point is that it is not acceptable on a 100KUSD Mercedes, so even less on a 400KUSD Ferrari with a 4KUSD optional seat...

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-w166/650524-new-gle-mb-tex-interior-seats-loose-upholstery.html

9. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Not much charm in that I'm afraid.

10. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    So despressing - am too busy to deal with another company's quality control. There are several other areas similar. Are these people blind ?

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    In order to get the look, Ferrari glues the leather down. I understand this as not the common practice, but this information is a few years old now. If this really bothers you, I would contact the dealer and see if there's anything they can do. It's worth a try. Maybe they can replace the seat for you? Maybe they can pop the seat out and send it to an approved leather expert- perhaps the next time you travel, so you don't lose the use of the car. This would bother me too and would at least ask.

To OP- very sorry to read this. It seems like it might be best to stay away from Daytona for some of us. I would be sure to try the seats out first, if possible.

12. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

To me the imperfection is in the foam underneath which is denting the leather. That is a defect. Needs replacement. I concur with the misalignment as in the other comment. 100% take it back.

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    No it's not!

As for my seats, I just did a 4 day rally and covered 600 plus miles without issue. I'm a big guy and the seats (Diamond stitch) were just fine. In fact I prefer them over the FF.

Lukeylikey likes this.
  14. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    The Lusso plain factory full power electric seats with ventilation are the most comfortable seats of any Ferrari I've ever owned and I've owned a bunch.

15. Greg23

Greg23 Karting
    Owner

Jun 1, 2011
    CH, ITA, USA
    Full Name:
    Greg B.
    I'm 187cm and 80kg and love the Daytona seats on the lusso, very comfy like on the FF!

16. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    good to know

17. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    I've had this happen on previous range rover , and my Jag F-type R. Both were fixed under warranty , They sent the seat out with a new cover, but the local shop replaced the padding with stiffer foam , or added foam to keep it from doing it again.

18. Wb360

Wb360 Rookie

Aug 27, 2011
    Is Daytona more comfortable then standard seats in lusso?

19. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I would say not. I find daytona firmer than standard.

20. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I don't know. I actually find Lusso seats the most uncomfortable of all the cars I have had after driving it for three weeks straight. It was standard seat. It was definitely not as soft and thick as the FF standard seat. In fact the padding everything in Lusso is noticeably thinner than FF.

ScottS likes this.
  21. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I don't think so. I sat in both...

22. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Actually the seats in my Lusso are Couio Toscana, plain style, full electric and ventilated. I’ve owned the Lusso 16 months and have never found them anything but comfortable. Maybe my semianaline leather makes it more comfortable? I’ve never owned an FF and lived with it day to day, although I’ve driven one, so to be fair I can’t honestly compare that model’s seat with the Lusso.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I had cuoio Toscana in my FF and standard in my Lusso. They are similar comfort with a nudge maybe toward Lusso. Neither are as good as the race seats in my 488. I’m 6 feet and 95kg, so not exactly narrow...:)

The Lusso seat in my car is certainly not as hard as motortrend said. Not sure what the issue was there?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Clearly we are all different shapes and sizes. I found my FF (with Daytonas) comfortable and i have driven a Lusso (Standard shape seat and leather) for approx 2 hours and feel they are just as comfortable. The FF has a perception of an overall thicker seat material but i think that is due to the bulkier seat style. I'm 5ft 11 and 75kg

25. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Perfect for me.....