GTC4 Drive, Inspection and Review | Page 15 | FerrariChat

GTC4 Drive, Inspection and Review

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Brian L, Sep 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Your comment was 1/3 ad hominem, and as to the rest, you have overstated my critique.

I have no clout with you of course, maybe Luca will have more:

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu

2. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH

Thanks for proving your biased.

Ferrari is a subsidiary of FCA, they do not take any influence from the other divisions . They are even on their own stock exchanges. & funding. Just because someone got the lower backside hairs twisted about the heritage of the brand doesn't mean it's become " American" . Holy crap! Look at the window sticker , does it say anything about parts from United States ? No it doesn't.

That's like saying Donald tRump is and uses American companies for his products ... yet everything is designed & made from China .

Let's also not forget the v8 and v12 engines also got international engines of the year .

http://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/news-events/news/ferrari-turno-v8-wins-the-international-engine-of-the-year-2017/#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH

Let's also not forget how FCA came about Fiat group PURCHASED the Chrysler group NOT the other way around during the bailouts of 2008/9/10 fiasco .....as an avenue to being Fiat and Alfa back to the states , and strengthen the Maserati & Ferrari brands.

I'm not saying it was a perfect move, but have they shared technologies ? Hell yeah , have they turned the brand(s) around yeah ....

Just like BMW owned jag/LR for 4 years what happened? BMW took all the AWD tech , engine tech , infotainment tech and turned everything around BUT now has pushed the envelope too far , too fast become a stale , high maintenance , all look the same just different sizes , overpriced brand as common as a Kia on the road. At least Sergio is open to new tech , making the brands more reliable & durable. Unlike other brands .

What happens with resale value on a Ferrari ? 2,3,4,5 years they depreciate a little ... years 8,9,10+ ? Factual History has shown the value comes back.... what's that vette worth in 5 years ? Near nothing .... as history has shown it takes 45+ years for resale to start coming back on a vette, or mustang , or charger/challenger .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    By the way my impression is that following the IPO and stock listing, Ferrari is not anymore an FCA subsidiary.
    It's also funny to read that tripling the sales was an achievement for which Mr LdM should be praised while exceeding 7000 units per year is an evil dilution of the brand...

5. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    They are trying to get sold off from FCA.... If you read between the lines in the press statements, and SEC filings/reports. " FCA still dumps a lot of cash into R&D into Ferrari until they independently financially stable on their own " . I purchased Ferrari IPO stock, My hope is they get sold to someone that will drive the company into amazing revenue and stock value... ( yes I know as any stock holder hopes)

I agree, a company that made very few a year, to a company that is producing way more than they are use too is thanks to years and years of planning, agreements, drive and organization, that was not done overnight or by changing of the leaders. Wait did I just make a tRump jab there? I think I did ;-) sorry couldn't help myself..... the delusional and simple minded irritate me ...

6. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    if you are in the states you can't tint the front windshields and in some states you can't tint the drivers or passengers front side windows. I'm not sure if there are any dealers outside the states yet, I haven't checked yet, but check out Home - Bray Group International they have a 2 layer windshield chip protection that is UV blocking. I've put it on the RRS and F-type and it significantly reduced the interior heat level when sitting at the office in direct sunlight , so much so that I had them install it on the panoramic roof on the RRS it's now 15-25 degrees cooler than without it.

7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    You're absolutely right can't legally tint the front. But tinters will take cash and look the other way.
    The important thing is not to go any darker than CR70 once applied it's barely noticeable as tint.
    But it is very effective in reducing heat in the car especially if all the other windows are done in CR40.
    There's also a CR90 option which is almost invisible after application but much less effective than CR70
    I like your Bray Group advice which seems a safer bet - will definitely look it up on my next car Thanks :)

8. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    my pleasure, also note the Bray group product will protect your windshield/windscreen from getting pitted, chipped, or cracked , and again 99% UV blocking.

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Well said

10. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH