GTC4 Drive, Inspection and Review | Page 14 | FerrariChat

GTC4 Drive, Inspection and Review

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Brian L, Sep 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    After 500 miles already did to my GTC4LUSSO , i think that the car is really a piece of art, in her category and for what she is asked to do she is brilliant. The only think that it should be done from FERRAI ITALIA is a new exhaust or a new software update, the car NEEDS an higher volume, not too much but she definitely need it! Please FERRARI listen to our prayer!... we know that you watch us :) LOL

2. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Awesome, glad you're happy :)

Your FF is hideous. Looks like a blob of money on fire. Again, the issue is you.

3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Guys the best way to deal with this is just to stop posting.

4. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Just use the block feature---problem disappears

5. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I meant "encouraging"

6. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    In spite of all the negative reaction to this post, it's possible that my notes to HQ made some impact... the production cars are better! I love Ferrari, and my disappointment was sincere. As is this reply.

Having seen the Le CorViper 812 today and the real deal Lusso it's much better that the demo car in most if not all of the "quality" categories. It feels and looks like it should now. Still not in love with the design elements in and out but all the quality things are upgraded. Relief !

1. Door handles feel better on open and doors feel better on close
    2. Plastic backing on front horse is stronger
    3. Plastic full grill is now only partially plastic
    4. Side skirts of black plastic have attachments in the wheel wells that are much more hidden and tastefully done now.
    5. Mannetino seems a bit nicer (hard to recall)
    6. Interior quality overall including leather is better, still don't want one, but it's better.
    7. Plastics underhanging front and rear ends is stronger, still not the F12, but better than it was.
    8. Turn indicators are still clunky and dumb compared to the F12/458/FF wheel that Scumacher approved... but they FEEL BETTER ! In both the Lusso and the 812. Same I assume.

Le CorViper, er, 812 ... also had a better interior than expected and is better in person than the photos and vids. Still weird, but better. And surely drives like a beast.

Now do I want a 458 Spider, a Cali T HS, a 488 Spider ... or just keep this NA '16 911 GTS cab....

7. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #332 MalibuGuy, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    The review criticisms of the Lusso to me seem fairly trivial.

For example, my 458 spider has a 'floating' plastic horse on the front grill. But my Cali had a metal one. My 360 had no front horse at all. Is that a game changer for a potential buyer as the reviewer suggests.

I think a much more important question should be if Ferrari has made enough improvements to increase the demand for this kind of model in their line up.

Is the exterior and interior re-design combined with the upgrades to the infotainment
    and advances in performance enough to ensure the survival of the model?

Lets be honest. There were never any long waiting lists for the FF. No premiums. In fact, many dealers had difficulties shifting the few FFs they got.

So all of this Lusso bashing is truly misguided and missing the point.

Time will tell about the new Lusso.

As far as the legacy of the FF, we need only to look at the activity on the used market.

In the end buyers and sellers aren't fools.

Also reviews ought to discuss the strong and the weak points. This thread is all about how an FF is better than a Lusso.

I've got to believe that there things which the Lusso does better than the FF.

8. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #333 Brian L, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    The Lusso feels a little shorter, has a better turning radius, and better infotainment ... it's more quiet and rides more like a luxury car most of the time, at high revs the note is louder and deeper like an aftermarket on the FF.

The Lusso does not look like Pinanfarina or Ferrari. Not trivial. Overhung spoiler is cliche and horrible. Corvette lights, not italian. Ok maybe Ford taillights.

The Lusso has a very busy interior that lacks elegance and simplicity, with a busy and macho exterior that screams insecuruty from the design team. They over compensated on the FF's issues for some.

Time will tell, see you in a decade.

9. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I've had my Lusso for about 6 weeks and am really enjoying this luxury GT more than any daily driver I've owned. The 4 wheel steering getting around town is great and makes life easy in tight situations for such a long car, and the comfort-auto setting is perfect when trying to get some phone business done in traffic. When you feel like moving, back to sport manual and its quite aggressive at anything over 5000 rpm. It's an all around super car! Highly recommended as your second Ferrari, still love the higher performance F sport cars on the weekends.

10. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    I do hope you don't seriously believe that Ferrari are incorporating your ideas into their grand plan.

11. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Who knows. Doesn't matter to me.

Dealer said it was possible as they sent a long list, and many of those things are changed.

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I second that

13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    How's the pano roof holding up in Florida weather ?

14. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Lol x 12....

15. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    No doubt it gets hot when left in the Miami sun on a 93 degree day like today, but not much worse than my previous Maserati Quattroporte. The worst area is not the pano, but the sloped windshield, which although heat insulated lets the sun heat the carbon steering wheel which I am almost unable to hold when I first start driving. The car cools quickly, I put the windows down for less than a minute and then the very impressive air conditioning takes over. My interior is Couio and has not felt too hot to the touch even after sitting in the sun. I would buy another pano without reservation but would be worried about a black or very dark interior in Miami unless you want deeply tinted windows to match the pano.

16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback. Its not quite the right timing for me, but I am thinking that maybe in 18-24 months a GTC4 could be a nice daily driver. One idea for the steering wheel- I noticed the drivers in Italy doing this- a very low tech but seemingly effective idea: keep a towel in the car and cover the steering wheel wheel when parking in bright sun.

17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thanks so much for the update - Enjoy your GTC Lusso in good health :)

18. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    If it's that hot you need a good sun shade on the whole windshield (inside of course)

Leather degrades badly in the sun, and the better the leather the more fragile is it. Thus we see these non analine, non top grain leathers in most cars with actual cow hide.

19. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I agree the windshield heat is a concern and I am somewhat surprised as it is supposed to be heat insulated. The pano is less of a problem because of the dark tint. I park out of the sun at home, gym and at the office so it doesn't happen that often. The black leather on the dash and upper door panel is different than the semi aniline Couio Toscano that covers the balance of the interior, maybe that's why Ferrari does that. As I pointed out my dash is black so it absorbs a lot of the heat but the carbon steering wheel is worse to the touch in regard to heat.

20. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    Agreed 100% , I'll also add in, if you don't like the black plastic front lip, or other black plastic trim pieces you do what I did... added carbon fiber everywhere. Done and done...

21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    You may want to apply Crystalline CR70 tint on your front windshield IMO the visibility is good and nobody can tell it's installed. But it's best to check with an authorized installer before you decide. It's basically not legal so it's a personal decision

3M? Automotive Window Film Crystalline Series

22. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH

Folks, I had this installed on both my Range Rover Sport and my Jag F-type , It has drastically reduced the amount of heat /UV exposure the interior of both vehicles get when leaving outside in direct sun in the warm weather. You can have them install it on all windows as I have done, and will do on my GTC4 Lusso that is on order

Windshield Skin ? Bray Group International

23. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Of course. The issue there is that they would sell a car with cheap feeling parts even as an option. To keep the price down?

As I said the production cars are much better. Not ideal, but better. I don't care how they came to do it, yet the real car was upgraded on a quality level from what I spent the day with last year.

24. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH

Very defensive response .... maybe you need a vacation ? Get laid ? Medication ?

You compared a GTC4 Lusso to a Mattel built , plastic interior , GM engineered 1 of top 10 worse reliable & durable listed vehicles ( GM had 5 of the 10 spots ) and now being sued for overheating vette . So as far as I'm concerned most of your comments are very biased & worth at best 1/3 their worthiness. Just saying , not alternative facts , my point of view. Based on your comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Coming through the front windshield is pretty much heat only. Front windshields on all USDOT passenger cars block 99-100% of UVA and UVB. A set of sunshades whenever parked under the sun would be needed unless you want embarrasing shrinking dash leather and sponge material showing through as one member had mentioned before. I would rather have good quality synthetic faux leather material such as the MB-Tex that Mercedes-Benz have on the dash and next to the windows.