GT5 new demo update 12/17 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

GT5 new demo update 12/17

Discussion in 'Technology' started by WJHMH, Dec 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I did about 10 laps with each car last night with the wheel and was mostly impressed. The feel of the game seems a lot better than Prologue, but it does seem WAY easier to spin out now, especially in the stock 370. It got easier with some practice and throttle finesse, but still feels like way to much for what the car is. I usually play w/ professional settings with 2/10 traction control.

The graphics seem sharper and more refined, and the sound is great. I'm excited to go home and practice some more. I think my best time so far was around 1:45 in the tuned car.

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I pulled 1:43.539 (without a wheel) currently ranked 4,896th as of today. Record as of now 1:36.305. This is getting freaking nuts.

3. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    New record is 1:36.134 tuned, 1:48.257 Normal.

My wife did a 2:06 in tuned. :D

Using a Driving Force GT wheel, I managed a 1:41.355 Tuned (ranked 2659), 1:54.821 normal (ranked 2753). My overall ranking is 1920.

4. markst270

markst270 Karting

Aug 5, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Cory
    Physics and gameplay are good, but they have made the grass like ice....

5. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    It's annoying and not very realistic. No way a 370 Z is that prone to oversteer at the limit. Anyone that has driven one at a track, please chime in if I'm wrong. The damned thing spins at the slightest hint of throttle coming out of corners, even when your in a straight line sometimes. I've done 1'40.529 tuned and 1'55.475 normal. 2104 overall. I have pretty much lost my patience with the normal car. If the final version of GT5 is like this, i'll be highly disappointed. I already don't like the time penalties or the power limits in Prologue.

6. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    My wife made fun of me for getting upset when I would spin out. I finally got fed up and stopped...she felt the need to play and see how bad it really was. Within 2 turns she was yelling at the screen and complaining that a car shouldn't spin out so easily. We cranked the TC to 10 which made it a lot better, but the times certainly suffer. I wonder if Nissan knows there cars oversteer so poorly. :D

7. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I was ready to throw something at the screen, i was so pissed. It's even more annoying when you're on a hot lap ahead of the ghost car. I actually turned it off on the tuned car and went faster. I'm gonna get that damned tuned car into the 1'30s dammit! :)

8. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Haha ya, the ghost can be a hindrance. My goal is to be in the 1:39's by the time it's over. I know a few places i can make up some time (turns 8, 9, and 10) where I always have trouble.

9. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    The ghost car gets on your way sometimes and there's no way to turn it off that I know of. I've been on several laps that were faster than my 1'40 but the damned car is so easily spun that I either back off too much, or lose it by pushing too hard. There's plenty of time on the table, but you can't really push through the corners.

10. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    You can turn the ghost car off with one of the buttons on the directional pad. I turn it off for parts and back on to see if I'm on pace.

11. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #36 4REphotographer, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. 2003Enzo

2003Enzo Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    The grass IS too slippery and the gravel traps are like freakin' black holes. You get sucked in and it takes forever to get out of them. It doesn't feel realistic at all to me.

13. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Man the physics are different. I've been playing with the DS controller and now I'm wondering if I should look into getting a wheel and stand. The trigger buttons on the DS just aren't sensitive enough for you to have proper control over the car.
    Does anyone have any experice with the Logitech G27?

14. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #39 nthfinity, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    Download a faster ghost, and watch the replay; 1:39's will seem like a long time ago... and full of mistakes ;)

147 us My Record ..... 1'49.687 ...... 1'37.251 ........ 3'26.938

My first record was about the same as yours there. I'd like to get down to the 1;36.9's, and 1:49.2ish... but I don't think I'll have the time to improve. I am faster on almost every turn specifically; but it is tough to put it all together for 100%... and... when you think reach a limit, there is always something left to be found!
    (This is with the stick, as the pods in my pedals are too dirty to work right.)

I'm really surprised I've gotten decent with the gay-pad. It's definitely easier to modulate throttle and steering with the pedals + wheel for later braking and higher exit speeds.

15. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Very nice times! I haven't actually played the TT for several days and haven't improved my time at all. I get so frustrated with it sometimes. :)

16. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Chances are if you aren't getting faster that you have some bad lines. Seriously; downloading a ghost and watching the in-car replay with gas/pedal pressure displayed will help a lot :) Also, make sure the suggested lines are off; as they are good... they aren't that good ;)

Getting 1:38/ 1:51 is very realistic for anybody IMO. Dropping below those times I was fighting for ever few 1/10ths at a time.

17. Schaden

Schaden Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    It is purposefully slippery. I'm sure they didn't want the slightest hint of an advantage for cutting the track. It is a competition.

If you watch the lastest nurburgring video, you can see the off road terrain physics are less punishing than the time trial demo.

18. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Obvious fan boy is obvious.

19. Schaden

Schaden Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    #44 Schaden, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    You can't dispute what I said, so you have nothing left but to name call.

There is a difference between an opinion and an informed opinion, and you've shown us which of the two you possess.

Who called into question the time trial's physics compared to Prologue ?
    It's so obviously better, you either have an agenda or you're woefully unknowledgeable about the topic.

Try Need for Speed ?

20. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Yeah, you're right...

Next time i'll make up some "facts" and send them out of the blue to you via PM. I heard you're more familiar with that sort of thing.

21. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    What were your laptimes?

22. Schaden

Schaden Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Turn 10 widened and changed many corners of the nordschleife for better passing opportunities and thus "more exciting" online mp gameplay.