GT4 Sim thread | Page 16 | FerrariChat

GT4 Sim thread

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by FerrariStuff.com, Jan 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I know what you mean. I wonder why they did that. I'm sure they could have figured out where the cars were going to be at on the track after 90 seconds or 30 seconds or whatever and then just place the cars there at the beginning of the lap instead of at the start line and have us wait for the timer to count down.

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

well, in a way, it gives us time chill a bit at the start...wipe the sweat palms, grab a shot of water...but frustrating sometimes...hope they do something about in GT 5

3. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I usually watch tv while Im waiting. Just have to be careful. A few times I have forgotten that I was waiting and I kept watching the show so by the time I remembered I was a looooong ways back and in one case I got lapped.

4. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  5. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    hhahaha! good one...

6. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I tried the SLR mission a few times over the weekend. That car is a piece of crap! The handling, braking, and high-speed stability are a joke. This game has made me lose a lot of respect for the actual car. This mission will probably take a long while!

7. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    kiz, check this site out.

www.gtplanet.net

tonnes of info. oh yea, i completed the monaco mission using the stratos. still a couple more to complete for me. SLR, hondas at suzuka, superbird, cadillac, ford gt. i tried the toyota mission at new york twice. both, i fisnished 2nd. around 2 secs behind. any pointers? oh, in that site i gave, go under mission drivers, and look thru the forums, i watched a few vids there. the way the guy drove the slr mission was one helluva guy...

8. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Finally got the Corvette one lap last night by .103 seconds... almost blew a nut I was so happy.

Are you guys using a wheel or the hand held controlers?

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    DFP wheel is what I use, I even built a custom cockpit for it. I just started playing GT4 again & I'm after my Super License now.

10. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I use the hand held controller (DS2). I've never owned a wheel but I have tried one out. I just dont have the budget or space for one.

11. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    same here. i believe the wheel will save u some vital seconds, as ur reaction to make corrections, etc on the car will be faster, compared to pressing buttons. my left thumb normally hurts after 2-3 hours of enduro, steering the car left and right...

12. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    there's four more mission left for me to complete. the slr, hondas at suzuka, superbird mission, and the toyota at new york. i tried the toyota mission few times. best time, 2nd, .9 of a sec behind...

13. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
  14. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I use a hand controller as well. I did buy the steering wheel, but I did not have a suitable way to fasten it to anything suitable, so I sold it.

The absolute biggest issue with using a hand controller is that it is virtually impossible to modulate the throttle - you are either full-on, or full-off.

15. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

not really. u can actually 'juggle' the throttle thru the corners. unlike gt 2, i think u can evem cruise in gt 4 at certain speeds that u wish. just try and press lightly..

16. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I know you have some modulation with the button, but it is nothing like having a throttle pedal where you can easily hold it at partial throttle with your foot. Trying to do that with the hand controller requires too much attention to it where it actually takes my focus off of the game itself, even if just for a split second. And we all know, you lose focus for even a split second, and you can easily be off the road.

The Mercedes 1-lap mission is an absolute killer. I don't see myself getting past this one for a looooooong time. I freaking hate that SLR!

17. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    Does anyone have a link to, or know where I can get, the opening "Opera" piece from GT4? I'd love to have it for when I start my car in the morning : ) If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

- Chris

18. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    well, i have more bad news. my parents took out the PS 2 after my small cousins were quarelling over it. guess no GT 4 for me till around june, when they will be on their holidays. kiz, i suggest u buy a stock slr, and take it for the nurburgring 4 hr enduro. thats what i'm gonna do, in order to complete the mission 34. best place i got was a third, if i remember. any tips for the toyota new york 3 lap?

19. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I gave up on the SLR Mission, at least for now. I am back to playing GTA: San Andreas.

For New York - Toyota mission, you have to cut the corners quite aggressively. Where you see 90 degree turns, use the point as your apex, and cut as closely to the wall as possible while maintaining an arced curve. This reduces the amount of braking and keeps your speed as high as possible. When that Toyota is low on the RPM band, it is a dog.

20. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    So much for San Andreas.............I was thinking I was probably near the end of the game, and I was. I completed it on Monday night.

Time for a new game to tide me over until GT5 comes out. Has anyone bought Tourist Trophy? (Gran Turismo with motorcycles) I would love to hear some feedback.

21. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    The very second that my finals are done this afternoon, I am buying it. I'll post a brief (though shallow) review tonight. I wasn't sure if I really wanted it, but after reading up on it over at www.gtplanet.net, I was in. The Nurburgring + Motorcycles = Insanity.

- Chris

22. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    As promised, I picked up Tourist Trophy on my way home from finals tonight. In a word, it is awsome. It is incredibly challenging; I feel like I am playing GT for the first time: learning the dynamics, the handling, and all of the little tricks that get you around the track. I have a new summer project. I really need to finish MGS3: Subsitance as well.

- Chris

23. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i understand ur frustration...btws, whats ur best result so far?

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    In today's Speed show of the Euro GP qualification Hobbs called on piece of the old Nordschleife "The Schwalbenschwanz", however in reality it was "Fuchsroehre". It is amazing what one can learn simply by playing GT4. :)

25. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I wanted Tourist Trophy but I decided to save as much cash as I can so that I can buy the PS3 when it debuts. Cant wait for that!