GT4 Sim thread | Page 15 | FerrariChat

GT4 Sim thread

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by FerrariStuff.com, Jan 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Just completed that last night in 5-6 tries, mostly failing from "going off."

The Nissan is way faster than the cars you need to pass so the most important tip is just to keep it on the road for 3 laps.

I seemed to make up most of my time in the chicanes.

2. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    no disrespect, but honeslty, this is the easiest mission among all. i did it with 1 try only. however, there's a few facts here. the main thing is, the nissan doesn;t actually handles that well. especially thru the slow corners, accelerate gently. u overdo it, and the car will just lose it. thats the key. use the slipstream as ur advantage. good luck!

3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I will give it a try this weekend.

4. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    good luck. just be cool and patient. play like as if ur playing a normal endurance or something. i tend to get pretty nervous on the final lap and do some stupid error. i finally completd the vette's infinieon mission. :)

5. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I only tried it a handful of times and got up to 2nd place. Looks like it will take me a little longer than it took you.

6. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    lol...just keep ur cool man, i'm sure it'll work out. btws, for the vette's infineion mission, the car actually understeers a lil bit. but the big advantage the vette ur driving is the brakes. brake as later as possible. it'll give u hugeeeee advantage. good luck!

7. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Finished 2 secons behind that Sauber...........I am getting close!

8. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    use the slipstream. the sauber has the handling, but the nissan has the speed. like i pointed out earlier, use the car gently, or it'll bite u back! accelerate and brake gently. especially outta the corners. good luck...

9. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I completed it last night.

Now, on to the NSX race car 1-lap Honda mission..................any pointers on this one?

10. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    this is damn crappy man. the car oversteers like mad. it's very very easy to lose it. i did it a few times, i think the best i got was a second. but i realize here that the strongest point is thru the esses.

11. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I got past this one last night..............didn't find it to be too hard. I can see how easy it would be to overdrive the NSX. It helped a lot that I just raced on this track in the Beetle Cup cars.

My next one is in the C5-R Corvette..........

12. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i just finished the beetle challnge. took me 3 tries. the first one i just lost the rear of the car, the second try, i finsihed 0.0135 secs behind the winner, and i beat that guy by 4.1 secs on the 3rd try. just tried the opera paris again. fin less than .5 of sec behind the leader

13. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Did you finish the Opera Paris yet?

All I have left now is;
    Lotus 1-lap showdown
    Subaru 1-lap showdown
    Mercedes 1-lap showdown

And that is it. Any pointers on the ones mentioned above?

14. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    no, not done with the opera paris yet. i'm focusing on the SLR at the ring. i'm doing quite well there. i tried 3 times, best result was a 3rd, 9 secs behind. but i got a penalty and even slid off the track once. i think i i can hold it together, i'll beat him. thing is, the car understeers and it's difficult to even brake late. i'm done with the lotus and almost the impreza. the lotus, i got it within 2 tries. not much of a pointers, but use the slipstream well. oh yeah, don;t do late braking with the lotus mission. the car handles terribly and huge understeer. i can;t comment about the impreza mission yet. i'm finishing 2nd everytime i try! ur done with the cadilac infenion race?

15. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I completed the Subaru mission last night. The car drifts well, and is easy to set up for early acceleration out of a corner. The 4WD really keeps it stable. That is the key, to get on the gas as early as possible in a corner. Also, be aggressive in passing. Tuck the nose in front of any car within range.

I also completed the Cadillac mission. I found it to be quite easy, since I just completed the Corvette C5-R on the same course only a day or two before attempting it with the Caddy.

So now, just the Lotus and Mercedes 1-lap missions left to go.

16. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    hey good progress man. i just finished the opera mission and the subaru mission as well. now my prime focus is the ring and the suzuka circuit using the nsx. i thing i noticed tho, during time trials, my SLR handles pretty well around the ring, but while on the mission, it handles worse. i did not modify the SLR in any way. try it. so far, my best is 3rd. it's the overtaking the other cars that cost u time. u touch them, get a penalty. get 2 wheels on the grass, ur in the wall. good luck!

17. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    I just completed both of the Mercedes 'Single Make' races. For the Legend of the Silver Arrows race I used a lightly modified SL65, except for the Ring, where I used a lightly modified SLR. Of course for the SL race, I used the SL65. There is just something about turning up the volume and hearing that V12TT. Amazing.

Next up is single make 'M' race for the BMWs.

- Chris

18. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I did try the Mercedes 1-lap just once yesterday, and got a sense of what you are talking about regarding the SLR. The thing is so unstable, the suspension just bounces the thing around, even on the long straights. This one will be tough. I have never modified the suspension of any car ever, I think this one may very well need it.

19. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I found a simple (perhaps unfair) way to beat the Lotus 1-lap....

Going into the first turn from the start (banked RH Turn) go high, basically ride the gaurdrail all the way around the corner. You'll carry much more speed and you'll get past the Elise well before the tight LH'er under the tunnel.

After that it's pretty simple.

20. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

i actually tried that before...not much of a difference. i need to cut my nails for tomoro's 9hr endurance at tsukuba and the SLR's mission. hey, kizdan, any pointers for the infineion mission? cadillac car...

21. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    The Caddy handles terribly. Just don't be over aggressive with it.

22. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    yeah, thats the thing! it understeers terribly. guess i must not overdo it. thanx!

23. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Is there any way to speed up the "delay" on those 1-lap missions??

I guess I don't have the patients to sit there for 90 seconds each time I want to try...

24. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Okay, Lotus 1-lap mission completed last night. Only one left to complete the game is the Mercedes 1-lap.............this could take months!

25. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i wish! tyr waiting for the SLR mission... and the worst part is, 1 screw up, and u have to restart..!! kiz, good job. all i can say is, the SLR mission, be patient, especially, when u start overtaking the 5th person...