GT4 Race Harness Mount Idea | FerrariChat

GT4 Race Harness Mount Idea

Discussion in '308/328' started by sltillim, Oct 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Hello all,
    I am seriously considering installing some street legal harnesses to add to the safety and my stability for curvy road enjoyment. I want to install a harness bar in the back just below the rear window mounting into the metal plate next to the 3/4 / c pillar side windows. I would figure that panel might need some reinforcement. The bar and mounting plates would have to be custom made but that's pretty simple. The bottom belts would use the stock mounting locations.

Before ripping apart my interior - Does anybody have helpful feedback on my mounting idea?

My logic behind this mounting point is that it will allow me to still have access to the luggage shelf (yep I got one of those). I don't have the headrests to worry about. If it is solidly mounted then it wont need any additional support bars.

I made a rudimentary photoshop for you all to see what I'm thinking. The bar and mounting are in black under the rear window. I will make some new interior panels to hide the mounting. I know some sport seats might be in order but I don't have the heart to change these out. Hopefully the belts are good enough.

Thank you Al for the base of my photoshop - its not my car... Just used for the pic. Image Unavailable, Please Login

NoGoSlow likes this.
  2. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    #2 sltillim, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    From memory the triangular areas next to the rear window are just sheet metal. But I believe there is square frame tubing below it. Keep in mind harness mfr have specific angles of attachment for the harness

sltillim likes this.