GT4 door jam details | FerrariChat

GT4 door jam details

Discussion in '308/328' started by kiwiokie, Jul 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Hi folks, can someone with a GT4 help me with what goes in the second hole in the door jam trim? I have installed new door switches in the lower hole on each side. I have checked the wiring diagram and do not see another switch in this area. Looks like the black wire in each jam goes to the door switch. On the drivers side there is a white/black wire that may go to another switch as I found 3 switches in my boxes of parts but the passenger side only has one black wire. Cheers, John

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Ive always wondered the same thing. Id love to know also but im guessing its for an alarm.

3. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    So you have two switches on drivers side and only one on passenger side? Is the second hole on passenger side just plugged?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Two holes driver side. But one door switch per side.

5. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My failing memory (and it is failing) is that there is a door light switch on each side and the additional switch on the driver's side had something to do with a safety circuit, maybe a "key still in the ignition" or similar system.

6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Interesting

7. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    The 1978 model year 308 GTB/S parts book clearly shows 2 switches in the driver's door jamb on page TAV 110. I don't see them in the GT4 manuals but they seem to be just a reprint of the original GT4 parts book with minor changes. Haven't found them on my GT4 wiring diagram either.

8. SamN

SamN Rookie

Oct 27, 2015
    modesto califorinia
    The second switch on the driver door is for the buzzer when the key is in the ignition.

absostone likes this.
  9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    that makes to much sense for an Italian car

SamN likes this.