GT4 blinker problem | FerrariChat

GT4 blinker problem

Discussion in '308/328' started by 6S166, Aug 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 6S166

6S166 Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Ben Schotz
    On a GT4: has anyone had a blinker problem that turned out to be a problem in the hazard switch? I know all about problems with blinker stalks and flasher relays, but my GT4 seems to be ok on those accounts. This problem seems to trace to the hazard switch. If so, anyone know a source for one?

2. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    It's common on the GTS to cycle the hazard switch a few times to het the blinkers working again. Corrosion builds in the contacts

3. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    #3 DANCER308, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    +1

I had the same problem, 4 ways worked, new flasher, new relay. no signals. I cleaned the contacts on the flasher connections and everything is good now

5. keysmatt

keysmatt Karting

Oct 31, 2014
    Key Largo, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt Anderson
    Whatever you do, unless you are glutton for tedious punishment, don't take the Hazard Switch apart! I did and the insides literally exploded out of it when I separated the two housing pieces. Everything is spring loaded inside and it was a nightmare to put it all back together.

Prior to taking the switch apart, I "exercised" it repeatedly to try to get the internal contacts to behave. That didn't work. Inspection of the external contacts showed that they were fine, so I thought I would just open it up to check inside. In retrospect, and my suggestion to you, is to try some of that electrical-type lubricant and put it in the two holes in the back of the plastic housing. I probably should have done that because all of the internal contacts turned out to be fine, so I didn't have a corrosion issue anywhere. I can only guess that the spring loaded pieces inside were not actuating properly and lubricant probably would have solved that.

There is a logical sequence of trouble shooting steps one can take using a voltmeter/continuity tester in order to verify that it is indeed the Hazard Switch that is causing a turn signal malfunction. If you are interested, I can outline that in another post.