430 - Gt3 vs Scuderia | Page 5 | FerrariChat

430 Gt3 vs Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by redhammer, Dec 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    so netto I am a bit lost there were 1'000s of SCUD's produced and 100's available for sale, it sounds worse than a F430, and $50k more expensive, if you want to track it ok, but it is massively slower than a 991.1 GT3 RS, where is this thread going ? of course you buy one if you are obsessed, but its going no where, in terms of speed, sound or value

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I think the point of a Scud (and CS, and probably more) are lost on you, and thats fine. They are brilliant for what they represent and adored by those who appreciate that.

3. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    indeed possibly but remember I have owned both for mulitple years, but simply dont get what people want by buying a slower, worse sounding, non collectible car

4. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have driven behind Flea7 on both the highway and some backroads, and his car really does sound awesome.

Flea7 likes this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Like I said....

E60 M5 likes this.
  6. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #106 Flea7, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    I totally see Richard's point. If you're not hung up on the "scud" collectibility part....Yes, I think spending sensibly on performance parts and taking off some weight would make the F430 a great comparison. No worries.....Just drive it!
    I went kinda nuts on my mods.....I didn't even tell you I have a pair of 430 challenger CF door inserts going in soon.:D

I will say this,....when I look at cars and have an admiration for a car....I don't look at how much it's worth or the cost or if it will appreciate dollar wise in time ..nor do I look at how much faster it is. (but speed is a factor!:p)

Sorry for the awful fumes Jim.. :p

7. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The anticipation of the next throttle burst, and then exhilaration of sight and sound as you accelerated away from my 308 was worth it;) (cough cough:D)

Flea7 likes this.
  8. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    That was kind to say, also witty and funny!:D I'm looking forward to some rides this summer along with the national meet.!!!

9. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    I did very few laps. OEM brakes just wasn't designed for a track that's hard on brakes. for every hot lap I've done, 2 laps of cooling off brakes. only did 2 sessions that day, I believe I got a total of 4 hot laps. so CCBs were in good condition. I use SRF fluid, they are as good as it gets for track, no issue there.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I guess I should park this right here...

Windows were rolled up.
    Recorded on an iPhone, no fancy audio trickery.
    No tunnel gimmick.
    Just pure, clean F1 shrill that is sorely missed from today’s F1.

alum04org, LARRYH, catdog and 5 others like this.
  11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Gawk!!

12. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Beautiful ride ... best of luck with it ...

13. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I don't think anyone here is saying that the Scud was limited.

And while an F430 may sound better to a few people, that doesn't mean a Scud doesn't sound very good. For me definitely one of the best sounding V8 Ferrari's, one of the best sounding V8 sports cars ever! As soon as I open the flaps with the remote control it is over with the restraint, then the Scud is what it is, an uncouth aggressive screamer like there are very few other cars in this world (standard exhaust system).

14. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    That's perfectly ok. But you may also respect that there are many for whom a Scuderia by far represent something more exclusive than a GT3 RS, that there are people who will sell everything but their Scuderia. And you know it, in Switzerland, there are 72 Porsche 911 GT3 RS available next to 30 Scuderias, and if I want something faster than a GT3 RS, I still have 20 911 GT2 RS's on offer. We see, the discussion on this basis leads nowhere.

I think in the end the thread starter has to decide for himself: does he want to "upgrade" his GT3 to a GT3 RS (according to your philosophy he could also upgrade his GT3 with some tuning to a "faster" selfmade RS) where he will only experience marginal changes (because the difference between GT3 and GT3 RS is now definitely not a big step) or does he make the big cut to a completely different car from a completely different brand where pretty much everything will be different.

And because life is far too short, I recommend everyone (if he is in such an elite and comfortable situation) should have owned one of these crazy Scuderia's once in his life. In my case "Scuderia for ever". Because everything that came after the Scud was faster, but unfortunately also faster boring.

Flea7, DeTomasoGTS74, djfrens and 2 others like this.
  15. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    GT2 RS's are a totally different price point, the differences between a GT3 and GT3RS are probably larger than that between F430 and SCUD. If you want a SCUD get a SCUD or of course or get a F430 with Carbon brakes & Racing seats, do an ECU tune and enjoy yourself just as much !

16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    for what its worth there were a heck of a lot more 991.2 GT3RSs built than SCUDs ... for what that's worth I like the GT3 I had and considered a GT3RS it is a great car but Hardly limited if that is a concern it is not to me..so to. each there own

17. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    absolultely there are circa 5k 991 GT3 RS's built vs 2.5k SCUDs

18. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    but at the same price point neither are collectable, but the GT3 RS is massively faster, more dramatic and sounds far better too.

19. djfrens

djfrens Formula 3

Jan 9, 2007
    The Netherlands
    sorry but my Scud gives me everything I seek in a car, emotion, sound, joy, excitement.

A Porsche has no emotion

#1 Scud
    #2 360 CS
    #3 430 16M

kane00, DeTomasoGTS74 and dustman like this.
  20. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    GT3RS has a lot of emotions but they're a little more of solidity and tight 1 piece indestructibility which has a charm and emotion of its own especially when pushing it 7-9k rpm.

Nonetheless Scud is unique and takes everything we love about F430 1 notch higher; they're 2 generations apart, unfair comparison really.

Maybe try to get one of each...

Boomhauer and NMNMNMN like this.
  21. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Wikdstrate, DeTomasoGTS74 and Bas like this.
  23. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
  24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas