Gt3 to 488... I did it | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Gt3 to 488... I did it

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mdrums, Dec 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Thanks for the info guys...yeah I am very familiar with MPSC2 tires...ran them on my last 2 cars...Porsche GT3.

Porsche has suggested alignment for the track in the owners manual plus over on Rennlist a lot,of,us have tried various alignment and post results. I haven’t found anything for stock alignment or any tweaks to alignment for a compromise for street and track for the 488.

2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congrats again on the 488, Mike. I’m glad you made the leap and hope you enjoy having it. Looking forward to seeing it in person!

For the suspension setup, talk to Anthony in service at TB, he should be able to provide you with info on factory recommendations as well as details of what setups other guys are running. Of course if you decide not to track it we can work some time out in my challenge car in exchange for track instruction. ;)

mdrums likes this.
  3. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Sorry but I'm still a little unsure of how to properly use the flashing LEDS-re-explain please.

4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Hope to see you soon....we need to plan a track day...at least I could take my 488 a couple sessions. I’d love to get you going at Sebring some day

JAM1 likes this.
  5. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Some my sales guy emailed me today saying my 488gtb has to go back to there dealership because the finance guy messed up on the cars CPO. They have to truck the car from Tampa back down to Ft Lauderdale in order to get it CPO’d. The car was advertised as a CPO and had it on the window sticker as well. Odd....and confusing....never heard of this before but they are adamant about it too.

Anyway I asked if they could lower the car some on the stock suspension and they don’t seem to want to or suggest this is a good idea. Said it would affect warranty too......total bummer.

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    What??? That’s crazy!

Sent from my 16M

7. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I know...I’m a little nervous about this...seems wacky to me...but they insist the car has to come back to them to properly register it for CPO as it wasn’t done correctly before I took delivery.

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    They should loan you a nice 812 in the meantime

Sent from my 16M

mdrums likes this.
  9. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I live in Tampa and the dealer in is Ft Lauderdale....they are sending there truck and trailer 4 hrs up to me to pick my car up and take it back then trailer it back to me. They are doing this the week of Jan 13 while I am out of town. I just hope Ft. Lauderdale Ferrari is being honest with me. This all seems really odd...I am not the most trusting person so yeah I am nervous as hell about this.

10. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    Very odd indeed.

11. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    take as many videos and pictures of inside and outside.

12. jomarti1

jomarti1 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    S. Florida
    Did you ask them if your closest Ferrari dealer could do the job?

13. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    It may come back missing a part here or there, but don't worry about it ;)

14. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    #64 sampelligrino, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    I wouldn’t worry too much about it personally. It’s an official Ferrari dealership, doubt they’d be doing anything to jeopardize their reputation or relationship with you as a client

If anything, might bolster your case for a claim falling under the CPO warranty down the road

Bummer to hear on the dealer’s stance for lowering the car, feels like other US dealerships have accommodated the same request by others on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdrums likes this.
  15. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I did ask if Tampa Ferrari could do the coo for them...but was told it would be best if they did it themselves.

16. Carlos@TAG

Carlos@TAG Karting

Apr 12, 2017
    Awesome car looks incredible! Super odd on the CPO for sure.

If you decide to lower your car in the future let us know and we can get you set up with Novitec Sport springs.

17. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I did ask the dealer about springs. They sell Novice but said warranty would be voided on suspension definitely and that the lowered car could cause issues with other things not covered under warranty and with my CPO they would not do it with a spring mod. Thats why I was asking about just lowering it about 3/4" on stock springs. It can be done but my sales guy who is a Ferrari guru of sorts, been at this for decades said they would do it but suggested not to.

I've only had the car since Dec 21...so I will drive it like it is and see what I think later this summer or fall.

18. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Sounds like you need a new dealer.

Car can be lowered on stock springs without affecting warranty.

My dealer has done it on multiple cars of mine - no issues.

Good luck!!

IPO1 likes this.
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Sounds like a wise move. I personally wouldn't get overly caught up on any minor visual deficiency unless you plan on driving the car slow everywhere. Keep in mind the downforce will lower the car as speed increases to the max low position (as explained by techs) and even then it will still scrape when you least expect it. I think your dealer has done the right thing by you advising against it. I recall a lowered GTB burning it's brakes out and destroyed its front discs at the circuit - not sure if the coils were novi or just stock coils lowered though but underneath sure looked like it had taken some nasty beatings. Was not a pretty sight. Led me to believe there was something in what they said to me about the brake cooling ducts being compromised by less air flow.