Gt3 to 488... I did it | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gt3 to 488... I did it

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mdrums, Dec 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    LOL...uh nope...but I didn't lose as much as I have with other 911's. I only had my 2018 GT3 for 1 year almost to the day too.

Spider68 likes this.
  2. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    hahaha

3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Yup. Any thread with ADM or making money selling the car will very likely piss off those who don't have an allocation. The personal attacks can be surreal.

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Big congrats on your new 488. Classic spec and one you hopefully will enjoy in good health. Occasionally miss my GT3. It had a lot of character and the mechanical sounds and banshee wail above 7K rpm are unique but at the end of the day it wasn't as special as my Ferrari's or Lambo's. I don't track so the GT3 was used as a daily driver which I drove everywhere. The rough ride got irritating on bad roads or when I hit a pothole. The Huracan is much more exciting and eventful to drive and a more comfortable daily.

mdrums, Jordan68 and sampelligrino like this.
  5. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    I, too, was pleased to enjoy a GT3 just prior to owning a 488. I've now officially given up on the Porsche GT cars; if for no reason because they have become so...big. I've got a lovely little 993 Turbo, and can't begin to describe the joy this car gives me. Hope you enjoy 488 and the delightful thrust of the turbo engine. I'm not much of a brand loyalist, but hard to beat the joy of thrusting along and banging off the gears in the 488. Having said that, the modern iteration of the PDK is a fantastic piece of engineering. It's simply a great time to be a car guy.

6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Congrats Mike! Beautiful car. The sensation of first time Ferrari ownership is pure bliss. Enjoy in good health.

7. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Extreme congratulations! Rosso Scuderia??

8. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    That's the spirit bro... Keep enjoying life to the max

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

9. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Rosso Corsa

10. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    Mike - congrats on the new car and it looks fantastic. Check out the website for the Ferrari Drivers Group - Sarasota. We do a lot of fun things - mostly drives, food and charity events. Some of our members come from Tampa.

mdrums likes this.
  11. Libertywalked

Libertywalked Rookie

Feb 13, 2017
    What does dynamic envelope mean?

12. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Really enjoyed the story in this thread. Big congratulations on a beautiful car mdrums!

mdrums likes this.
  13. zipperkarting

zipperkarting Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Are you all bloody rich in the US? Maybe I should get over there. I can barely afford a 360 Modena and I’ve worked all my life.

14. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Hahah I ask myself that too many times. Maybe that's why they call it the land of opportunity. Or, it's just so easy to buy on credit. I don't know...

Regardless, big congrats on your purchase! Love you're story and can 100% relate to it after getting my 458 spider. People taking photos on the road, at red lights, everywhere. While when I drive my 991, no one even turn their heads haha.

A ferrari is a ferrari and can not be explained, only experienced.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

zipperkarting likes this.
  15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Best Wife Award!

Sent from my 16M

sampelligrino, ahjayeson and mdrums like this.
  16. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Oh yes she is into cars as much as I am

plastique999 likes this.
  17. Bill Parun

Bill Parun Rookie

Dec 6, 2015
    You are one lucky dude. Beautiful car. You must have been a good boy all year and Santa recognized this.

mdrums likes this.
  18. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Tell her sister that I am available. :)

slingblade likes this.
  19. r6elmo

r6elmo Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    nice color combo - congrats. i went 997.1 GT3 to 458.. love the 458 but I want to get back into the 997.1 again, very analog and a different driving experience in my mind.

mdrums likes this.
  20. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I am going to have to back off my track events with the 488...I will see how much I miss the track and my track friends...If I go back I will get a RS. Yes true the Porsche GT cars are more raw.

21. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Congrats.

Gr. Martin

22. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The 488 can be very competent on a track (like any car, a lot of its performance is on the driver - even though it seems to be easy to drive...) - not much drama, but understated and impressive efficiency.
    I bet it's faster than a GT3 :D

mdrums likes this.
  23. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I am going to figure at Sebring...my home track...its faster than my GT3. I would love to overlay my GT3 data with the 488 data and see differences in cover speeds. If I do track the 488 I will get a 2nd set of wheels and some Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires

sampelligrino likes this.
  24. RBarbieri

RBarbieri Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    Bradenton, FL
    Full Name:
    Rich Barbieri
    Mike - I ran my F430 at Sebring just for one day. Lots of fun but very significant brake pad wear and I was getting brake fade from the fresh OEM fluid.

25. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The tyres wear will be much faster with PSC2 but the added grip will help a lot to be faster.
    The brake pads do not last long but apparently the discs are more or less surviving (I stopped counting the brake pads, I probably used 4 sets front and 3 sets rear but my discs are only used 20% front and 25% rear).