GT Lusso V12 | FerrariChat

GT Lusso V12

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Tom GTC4 Lusso V12, Jan 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tom GTC4 Lusso V12

Apr 2, 2018
    Holland
    Full Name:
    tom
    Goodevening I have changed the stock exhaust parts for a Capristo X Pipe and Mufflers with valve control.
    Sounds already very good
    but want more louder sound
    what can I do without losing warrant and get engine light on

thank you

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

2. Yellow355

Yellow355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Is the sound loud enough when the valves are open? If so, then keep the valves open all the time by disconnecting the vacuum lines.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Change the Cats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If your dealer is okay with it, install 200 cell cats and a Càpristo obd wizard.

One thing to think about is the actual outside volume. Have you heard your car from the outside? The Lusso has a pretty hefty sound insulation, and thus it takes a lot to get sound inside. But you might end up with a car that ruin the life for your neighbours, get you in trouble with the police etc. The cats add a significant bump in volume and if you drive the car often it might be an issue. Have someone drive your car past you at wide open as it is, so that you get an idea of how loud it actually is already. You may find that sports cats are way too antisocial.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Fully agree, having been through this experience with an 812 SF and 812 GTS (similar V12 engine to the Lusso obviously). With the valve control, you can close them before switching off the car so the cold start is less noisy. Make no mistake though, it is still very loud and I think would annoy neighbours especially early mornings. I have 200 cell cats in my 812 GTS and recently moved it to underground carpark for that reason.

Once the car is running I don't think noise is an issue - it all comes down to how you drive it. Keep the revs below 4 - 5k around town and you'll be fine. If you get above that it may be an issue in built up areas. I have accidentally scared many small children. Now, I generally leave mine in auto around town which keeps the revs low. Once in the country side, put it into manual, get up that rev range, and all hell breaks loose :)

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah my ff with a full kline is very loud outside, inside it’s normal not too crazy.
    Im cognizant of how loud it is so I usually drive it under 3k rpm not to annoy ppl.

7. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Kline with 200cats on my car with Capristo remote. Great sound! Warranty not an issue at all and be sure to install the O2 extenders (which I think come with it now thanks to me!)

Cold start with valves open is an earth shattering experience. Keep ‘em closed until warm if you like your neighbors.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Warranty is an issue with anything changed with Ferrari. So unless u are out of warranty ,ur Ferrari warranty is just gone with any stuff u do to it.

9. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Had my PTU replaced on the car. My dealer installed the O2 sensors spacers for me. Car has a 4th year bumper to bumper warranty and will do a 5th year....All with the exhaust. So saying the warranty is gone and void is just not accurate info....

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Sorry but a dealer will not honor the warranty if they suspect any of ur mods triggered any of ur issues.
    Ferrari wouldn’t even renew mine with Novitec shocks and I had to undo them to get a warranty... so anything happen to your car that has anything to do with your exhaust or cats you are not covered.

11. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You made a general comment about the warranty. You didn’t specify the cats. I would not expect an issue related to the cats to be covered

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That is not always the case, it depends on the individual dealer. My dealer which is not only one of the largest Ferrari dealers in Europe, but also the Capristo distributor for Scandinavia, will warrant cars with the Capristo cats on them. In the fall they also did an 812 with fill cat delete and they agreed to honour the warranty.

You cannot generalize it. You even have dealers denying warranties because of a backbox and aftermarket battery.

What both Ferrari and the dealers know is this. If something goes wrong, it has to be because of the modifications. If you do the exhaust and your gearbox fails, they will not void that warranty, and cannot do it. When I upgraded my brakes to Surface Transforms, the only thing I got from Ferrari was that they would not warrant the discs and the pads. But hey, ST warrant the discs and Pagid my pads. It is not different with the exhaust. If they deny a warranty, it has to be directly related to your changes.

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The thing most often associated with sports cats or cat delete pipes is ECU mods. If you go that route, yo will have one hell of a time getting warranty work done on your driveline. But if you use something like the OBD Wizard, you don't change the engine mapping, it just deletes the code. If an indy shop did the install and you use the Wizard, and then prior to service refitted the OE cats and removed the Wizard, they have no way of knowing the cats and Wizard was ever present. If you get an ECU tune and have the codes permanently deleted, then you are on your own, but like I said, it is not needed with the Wizard.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Thats true but quite frankly in my experience they always find something to complain about...
    Like I said my friend had them put the novi springs on his 458, years later passenger airbag exploded and they blame it on the shocks leaving him with a bill of 15k which isn’t much to him but ...
    Until you actually have to use the warranty...it’s all fine but when u do my experience with the FF is that there is always a little something u should be ready to pay.
    It’s not just the mods, it’s like any warranty u have to make sure u know what is and what isn’t covered but that’s every brand.
    I decided not to renew mine now and well so far ...so good;)

SECRET likes this.