GT 5 fans...is 3/30 release legitimate? | FerrariChat

GT 5 fans...is 3/30 release legitimate?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ricksb, Jan 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Saw that date in Target this morning. I know that it's been set for a 2010 release, but I thought I read late summer/early fall.

2. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Not in the US until the later fall/ christmas shopping season.

3. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    It was also just delayed in Japan... again.

All bets are off.

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Silly Target is taking preorders for 3/30...

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    They say it's in June. Plus minus, make it between June-Aug-Sept

6. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    WHAT are you kidding me, I cannot believe this crap. What is going on here. What is this 2 years late, it feels like even longer.

7. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Haha, you guys should expect this. :D

I gave up all hope. I'm waiting for GT6 now :D

8. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
  9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The whole thing has become an enormous disappointing joke.

10. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    GT6 will come out in 2026; the goal is to delay 5 until 6 is at least a decade away from being completed

11. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    ROFLMAO :D

2026, the world will be over in 2012! :eek: :p

12. Schaden

Schaden Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    GT5:prologue already paid for the full development costs. :)

I think they delayed the announced Japan date for a simultaneous worldwide release. You have to think SCEA/SCEE complained about the sales they'd lose from imports. The game is essentially done, they'll release when it will have the maximum impact. June would be perfect. They can use E3 to build hype, plus there aren't a lot of AAA games released in the summer. Even though it's a different game genre, they don't want it to compete in March for sales against GoW3 and FFXIII. Better to spread things out.

13. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I still haven't driven the Nurburgring on my PS3! I've got GT4 but it's hard to live with the old graphics and you have to play for a long time to unlock it.

I'm very disappointed with the GT5 delays, and, in general the lack of quality on PS3 driving games. Seriously thinking about buying an XBox just for Forza. I mean, I've got the Playseat now, want to use it too! I breezed through Prologue too quickly.

Onno

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Thats what i did sunday. Bought Xbox and Forza..And while Forza is good it still isnt as good as GT. The cars dont looks as good as in GT4 even ! The wheels look like they are made out of a bar soap..The Ferraris look like they were modeled from a Burago 1/18...And So far i have had fun with decently powered cars but when i drive a Ferrari with 500 hp, it's all over the place when you brake..even with added wing and racing tyres.

Id give it a 7/10.

To give you an idea, when i had GT4, i couldnt wait to go home and continue to progress to buy cars etc..I had Forza since sunday and i dont really want to play it..Its fun but not worth buying an Xbox just for that. Im glad the Xbox has other games.

15. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Just start upgrading random cars with AWD LOL no matter how impossible it is to do in real life.

16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #16 ricksb, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    REALLY? I have both systems and every next gen driving game ever made and I absolutely LOVE Forza 3 and have been playing it since its release. Best driving/racing game I've owned. "Tires look like bars of soap"? "Ferraris modeled from a Burago 1/18?" Really??? "GT4 looks better"??? REALLY? Do you have Forza 3 or just regular Forza? I can agree with those comments on Forza 1 & 2, as I wasn't a big fan of either. But Forza 3??? Cars handling 'all over the place'? I guess if you're screaming into a corner without braking that would be the case, but if you're true to the braking zone you maintain good stability. At the very least, I'd say the game feels MUCH faster than GT4, GT5 Prologue, Forza 1 & 2, GRid, any PGR's, etc. It also looks much better than any of those games, imo and has great car selections. The only thing that sucks to me is the online racing, but that's more because of the idiots playing smash-up derby than the game itself.

To each his own, but I couldn't disagree with your assessment more.

17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Yep i have Forza 3. I have to play some more and try to set up the cars but i felt the cars much more stable under braking in GT4 than in Forza 3 ( high power cars..). Im still using the braking signs so i am braking very soon and yet, my Stradale will be very tail happy.

As for graphics, yes, i really think GT4's cars are better looking. And GT5 Prologue even more.

18. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    It's all about the ray tracing in the GT series. Even though the resolution is tiny on GT4 compared to FM3; and FM3 has made great leaps and bounds forward, it still looks more cell shaded and cartoonish. GT makes the most "real" looking graphics engine.

Amenasce, did you play the GT5 time trial demo? GT5 has gone down closer to the simulation world; like the GTR series, and LFS. Ultimately to go "really fast" in the new demo (and even GT4 to a lesser extent) you really have to adjust your driving style to something that is unrealistic. But as you approach going those "Fast" lap times from a novice starting point, it does feel more realistic.

19. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yep i downloaded it and found it was very difficult but could be rewarding. If i had more time i would give it more try but video games are not welcome by my wife :) .

20. Schaden

Schaden Karting

Apr 10, 2007
  21. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Haha, a quote from another forum :D:D

22. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    That's funny stuff!

23. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    #23 Blue@Heart, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
  25. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    The release date is November 2nd. Thats just for North America though. I have no idea what it is for Japan and Europe.