Gstaad auction listed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gstaad auction listed

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by dgrperformance, Dec 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    I believe Uderzo crashed his F40 LM (and others Ferrari BTW) many years ago.

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    True, but then again, I already have a red one. Different it good, no?

3. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I see that the PF Coupe, 0947, once belonged to our own Ed Niles before it went to Mr. PF Coupe himself, Curt Van Denberg; that's some good provenance.

4. Wouter Melissen

Wouter Melissen Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
    We traditionally go to a hotel in Interlaken. The rooms and view are spectacular, but because of the season it's a bargain. It's an hour drive away:
    http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/gb/mer/5339/fiche_hotel.shtml

We might drop by the Schlumpf museum on Thursday.

5. sicqnus

sicqnus Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Paris - France
    Full Name:
    Cyril Chartier
    Quote : /"I believe Uderzo crashed his F40 LM (and others Ferrari BTW) many years ago."

Albert Uderzo crashed his 365P 2/3 in a try at Imola in 1984 (lost control on a wet track because of cold tyres) not the F-40LM. He had an extinguisher and managed to stop the fire but when the extinguisher became empty, the car began to take fire again like a pinewood. Other peole were on the way to help but they arrived too late and the car was lost.
    The 365P 2/3 burned and the aluminium shell was totalled. Uderzo sold the remains to Fabrizio Violati who rebuilt the car. Car is now in his collection but the only genuine parts are the number plates.

His 365P 2/3 was chassis : #0828

I've read in an article the same story with the F-40LM but it was a journalist mistake.

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Why was 0828 rebuilt with a 412 P body?

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A couple of months ago I was in Interlaken, visiting the Mistery park. I found a cheapo ski tourist hotel in Gstaad, should be ok. Amazingly there is one place listed at - get this! - $ 7,500 a night!!! Do you get to keep the bed thereafter?
    :)

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  9. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Well, it's the same auctionhouse and apparently they sell off not only single lots but even the COMPLETE set of entries for an auction while the catalogs have already been mailed out...

Slightly worrying thought for Gstaad if people travel half the world for a specific item...

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You can bid on the telephone. No reason to travel half the world.
    Marcel Massini

11. Wouter Melissen

Wouter Melissen Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
    The Gstaad auction does not have one seller, so it's highly unlikely that all lots will be sold before the auction. Secondly they announced the sale well in advance, so anybody going has been warned in time to cancel the trip.

12. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  13. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  14. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I'm surprised that the Series II 330 2+2 sold for "only" 64,327 CHF. (around $50,000, including buyer's premium). I would have expected a bit more. Does anyone know more about that car or its condition?

15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    THAT car was a real DOG! A piece of s...
    Marcel Massini

16. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Yes I know, you are right. Even the 1957 250GT Buano "low roof" coupe seemed cheap. I know of one here in Toronto and the guy is asking for AAALLOTT more than what this one sold for.

Great deals it seems. However, that F40LM (ex-Albert Uderzo 1991 Ferrari F40 LM) went fore huge money. But to me that car is worth it. Especially since its super-rare with great history. The other two "regular" F40's went unsold.

Vasco

17. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Did you attend Marcel? Please fill us in on some great detail! ;)

18. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yes, I did attend. The Daytona Shooting Brake #15275 sold for US$ 261'800 to Far East. The NART Spider Conversion 275/4 sold for US$ 813'023. I acquired both the Boano 0695 GT (for US$ 167'747) and the 400 SA #5029 SA (for US$ 560'790) for clients. The 212 Inter Coupé Vignale sold for US$ 389'902 to a collector in CA. The TDF 1039 GT sold for a strong US$ 1'561'101 to a young European collector. Of 26 Ferraris offered 21 were sold (81 percent). Quite a success, I think.
    Marcel Massini

19. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    WOW, thanks for sharing. This must be one of the nicest auctions to attend according to some pictures I see.

Can you explain to me that Buano? It seems like a great deal for that money. How is the condition etc. Again, I am trying to compare it with a local colleague of mine who is selling one although not on the market hehe.

Vasco

20. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Reason for the very low cost - non matching numbers.

Chassis no. 0695GT/ 0533GT
    Engine no. 0951GT

According to Bonhams (and Mr Massini interestingly) :

"This 'low roof' 250GT coupé was delivered new via Garage Francorchamps in April 1957 and later spent many years in museum ownership. It is believed to have received a new chassis plate and frame stamping '0533GT' in the late 1970s to facilitate importation by its then French owner to his country, as at the time he also owned 250GT Boano chassis '0533GT' (recently sold from France to the USA). We understand from Ferrari historian Marcel Massini, however, that the car offered today left the factory numbered '0695GT', and this is corroborated by hidden numbers found on body panels during a recent repaint by Bacchelli & Villa in Italy. A correct type inside plug engine, number '0951GT' from a 250GT Pinin Farina coupé, was fitted many years ago, along with 15" Borrani RW3801 wheels, a popular tweak for improved handling. Finished in period Grigio Conchiglia with its lovely original blue leather upholstery and new matching carpets for the cabin and luggage area, the car looks handsome and is believed to be in generally good condition throughout."

21. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Thank you for the reply.

It was that bad and still made $50,000!?!

22. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Erik,

did you buy the 365 GT4 2+2? The price seemed right.

Marcel,

Did the S1 330 2+2 sell? Also, can you add more to your comment regarding the poor quality of the S2 330 2+2?

Regards,

Art S.

23. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    No. Catalog update stated the clutch was slipping, lost interest.

24. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Erik,

I'm sure all it needed was a cable ajustment. Half an hour under the car and you would be good to go...;)

Regards,

Art S.