Greetings from Northern CA ! Looking for a PPI recommendation for a 360 | FerrariChat

Greetings from Northern CA ! Looking for a PPI recommendation for a 360

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by fotostars, Apr 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Hey guys! Trying to get into a 360 and would love to get a recommendation for a knowledgeable mechanic who could go over one I'm interested in.
    The car is in Ashburn, I'll obviously get it transported for a PPI but the closer the better.

Thanks for any suggestions...
    Rich.

2. hammergb

hammergb Rookie

Sep 2, 2017
    Westminster, MD
    Competizione in Gaithersburg, MD about 45 min from Ashburn.. F Chat site sponsor as well

good luck enjoy the search

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    I called Competitzione about PPI-ing my 575 and they informed me that they no longer do PPIs. Unless someone knows of another independent in the area, FOW is your best bet - ask for James in service. They aren't terribly expensive, but getting the car transported up that way sure is, so if someone can drive it for you I highly recommend that. I don't think FOW is far from Ashburn. Good luck!

4. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Another option might be LoCo Exotics as they are reasonably close to FoW, but I am not sure if they do PPIs. However, I have never done business with LoCo Exotics and so can make no comment on quality, etc.

5. FrankBarba

FrankBarba Rookie

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Frank Barba
    I have used a company called Keystone Enterprise out of Carlisle PA. Prices to transport are fair. They kept me informed
    the entire journey. Small Husband and Wife outfit, they even carry 2 million in insurance on the cargo.

6. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Now that I think about, Matt at White Horse may be a good option and possibly less expensive than the towing companies. His price for pickup/delivery of my car from MD to far southeastern VA was ridiculously good.

7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Working with Matt on a transport now. Top notch.

Chupacabra likes this.
  8. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #8 Bisonte, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2018
    FOW has a Sterling mailing address, but they're actually right on the southeastern edge of Ashburn. I don't know if Loco does PPIs, but they're only a few miles from FOW, over by Dulles airport. I'd be surprised if the owner couldn't drive the car to either location themselves, unless they're super-busy or out of town.

Ferrari of Washington

Loudoun County Exotics

9. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Thanks guys, will put a few calls and figure this out...

Bisonte likes this.
  10. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    FYI. I had a great phone conversation with Greg @ LOCO Exotics. He seems to be very knowledgeable about 360's so if all goes smooth, he could be doing a PPI on it soon ;-)

11. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    One other great choice would be Scott at rossoservice. Not sure if he does ppi but he does amazing work. He did my major last year and I couldn't be happier

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Thanks guys. I'll keep all this in my notebook.
    I ended passing on the car I was looking at before needing a PPI.

13. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Thanks for the offer. I’m still in the market for a 6sp 360. If you know of one off market, let me know. Asking prices are just too high, they’re not moving and they don’t want to deal...
    PM me if you know of any...