Greenville Delaware Exotic Car Show | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Greenville Delaware Exotic Car Show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dlbutler, Jun 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks to all who came out today.Beautiful weather, great car. Can't wait for the pics.

2. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    By the way, thanks especially to Jon, Don, and Steve for their organzation of this whole thing. Looking forward to December to delivering the toys!

3. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    I had a great time. People were so nice. Great selection of cars. Going to lunch with my wife to "Pizza by Elizabeth" next door was also very delectable. I was proud to be the sole representative of the Maserati marque for most of the day!

I also very much enjoyed taking a long test drive in a Ferrari FF. Thank you Francis!

4. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Hats off to Jon and Don.
    As usual you both put on a great event!
    Concrats!
    All the cars looked great but the real winners are the Boys and Girls Club of Delaware!
    I am so proud to be apart of a great group of car guys guys that always support great causes.

5. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    #180 Alxlee, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
    You just beat me Alex!!! Here are my edited pictures so far. More to be added tomorrow. Simply outstanding show like usual

Pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/117437263279891816242/September292013#

7. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    ... and a special thank you to Vince Crognale for his work for the Greenville car show. Vince took over Nick Dunlop's job as part of the event planning and in supervising the German car section.

8. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #183 turbos7903, Sep 29, 2013
    A huge Thank you to everyone that came out to the Greenville Crossing Car Shop to Benefit the Boys and Girls club of Delaware. A special recognition to Don Butler, Vince Crognale for tirelessly working on the event preplanning and their Day of the show dedication. Thanks to our sponsors Francis from ALGAR Ferrari. Thym from Union Park Jaguar. Alex Witham and Shawn from Delaware Porsche. And a special surprise check received in support of our event from Porsche Cars North America who heard of our event and wanted to support it. Also our title sponsor Janney Montgomery Scott of Greenville and the Merchant store owners and Management of the Shops of Greenville Crossings. Thanks to Dave from Exoticcars.com for providing the beautiful Trophies. Also thanks to my friends who stepped up to help park cars and raise ropes and unload tables and set up chairs and......the list goes on and on. Alex, Steve N, Steve T, Jay, Scott, Anthony, Jerry. You are all awesome. We raised almost twice the amount as the previous year. I am excited about the Christmas Party which will be held December 14th. Mark your calendars so you can join us ( its free) to see the kids benefit by the effort put into the show . Stay tuned to FChat for those details. Lastly thank you to the Vice President of the United States of America Joe Biden for coming all the way from Washington DC to See Joe Macchione's Ferrari FF!!
    Here is a letter to the management of the shopping center:

Hello Tara,

Once again thank you for the opportunity to run this event. I think it went off with out a hiccup. Did you get any feedback? We raised slightly more than $7500. This is astonishing and eclipsed any previous year or any expectation. We will use all of the money over the next twelve months to first hold the Christmas Party in December , Second to start a maintenance budget to repair the game room equipment which we have purchased in the past. Lastly we will use the remaining proceeds to fund a food program that supports a teen initiative to get the teenagers who are sorely underserved off the streets and into the club on Friday and Saturday evenings during the summer time. " Feed them and they will come". We will be utilizing the food Bank of Delaware to make sure these dollars can be stretched as far as possible. Our current estimate is that we will be able to provide over 2000 meals. That's going to cover many many Friday Saturday evening opportunities for the Teenagers. If we prevent one Teenager from exposure to Drugs on Friday/Saturday or one Teen Pregnancy or one Abuse of any kind it justifies the effort of the entire car show. Thanks again for the opportunity to have it at the Greenville Crossings. Respectfully Jon, Don, Vince
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Jon, happy to help out, as always, and I've marked my calendar for December 14.

However, next year I won't be parking my car under that danged tree...I'm still trying to get the sap specks off it. Oh well, it was for a good cause!

ScottinPAwithastickytreesapViper

10. AlxSTi

AlxSTi Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2011
    Wilmington, DE
    Excellent show as always. $7500!!

11. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    Wonderful to see so many great owners supporting the fund raising again ...... Next year you'll have to get Joe B to arrive in something a wee bit more exotic though ....

12. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA

Yes great event, well organized with a great group of cars and guys & gals!!

+1 on the tree sap! Glad I moved whenI did!!

13. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Jon, I say it every year; this is absolutely my favorite show of the year. For many many reasons for which you should be very proud. You have lead the charge in creating a spectacular event and deserve a lot of praise!

Can't wait until next year!

Joe

14. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Thank you Jon in Delaware

15. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    Had a blast, thanks for hosting.

Looking forward to this next year.

16. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    No pictures of Joe Biden?? What time did he arrive? I was there the whole time, but somehow missed him.

17. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Who are you kidding... Your favorite show of the year, every year, is Birdcage, followed closely by the midnight Halloween showing of rocky horror picture show... But I digress Frankenfurter.

Jon, take it from someone who isn't going through a gender identity crisis, you put on the most enjoyable show of the year and your selfless dedication, along with the other volunteers, truly makes a difference in the lives of so many young people. It is a pleasure to be a part of it.

Thank you.

18. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    #193 dlbutler, Oct 3, 2013
    I want to post this again just to thank Bob C for making it. Having this poster displayed several places around the shopping center helped make the vote sticker sales much higher than previous years.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    ...dang!...I do the ms city to shore bike ride every year and it is the same weekend as the Greenville show!!!!...anyways I am hosting a nice little breakfast rally Sunday morning November 10th....it will start in pennsburg pa(10 minutes off the quakertown exit of pa turnpike)...will travel some nice twisty roads ending having breakfast either at bear mt resort in macungie or somewhere else...last year had Porsches , healeys , lotus, alfas, BUT ONLY ONE FERRARI !...maybe we don't go fast enough( which we don't!)...if any of you are not doing anything that Sunday c'mon out as it would be nice to have some exotics on the ride even if we do go slow!, stuart

20. agentf1

agentf1 Formula Junior

May 7, 2004
    Longwood Fl.
    Full Name:
    Frank
  21. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Sir:

You are to be congratulated (and admired) for your philanthropic spirit and your good heart. I admire you very much for what you do for this well-deserving group of kids.

In addition, you have a dedicated (and equally praise-worthy) group of helpers who assist in this wonderful endeavor, and to them I extend a sincere "thank-you" as well.

If you'll PM a name/address to me, I'd like to make a contribution to add to what you've already collected.

Thanks.

22. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    PM Sent. Thanks Jerry. Jon

23. AlxSTi

AlxSTi Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2011
    Wilmington, DE
    Bringing this thread back from the dead. Anyone interested in organizing another Greenville show this year? I always enjoyed attending and would be happy to help get them going again.

24. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Jon Walton, Joe Zaff and Don Butler did an amazing job organizing this show over the years
    Honestly, I don’t think anyone else could ever do a better job. Sadly the ship has sailed on this show.

E60 M5 likes this.