Great Falls Village Cars and Coffee | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Great Falls Village Cars and Coffee

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ROULEUR, Feb 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    When that car was built it probably made economic sense... with the genuine article costing $60+ and this car a fraction of that, obviously it wouldn't make sense today, just think of it as a re-bodied Fiero ;)

2. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Besides build cost, operating cost (maintenance and likely insurance) are cheaper for a Fiero.

Maybe its the enjoyment of building something. Constructive hobbies are better than them sitting in front of TV or in bars. I admire someone as a carguy who has built a kit in his garage more than typical exotic wine-tour owners who can afford to purchase the car but has no clue how its mechanical systems work.

You should be flattered they want to be you.

3. FerrariQuest

FerrariQuest Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    Northern, VA/Washing
  4. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Operating costs would certainly be less. But I would love an Aston Martin DBS too, but I wouldn't build a fake one just to act like I have one just because I can't buy a real one. To each his own. Again, I just think fake anything is just that - Fake. If someone doesn't care that they have a fake one, whatever, but frankly I think they are a joke.

MB

5. 360Doctor

360Doctor Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    Full Name:
    Michael
  6. Tonk

Tonk Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #306 Tonk, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  7. Olimpi

Olimpi Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Middleburg, VA
    Full Name:
    David D. Olimpi
    I'd like to suggest that we all keep in mind that at 9:00 am on a Saturday morning the full-time Great Falls population, and police department, probably don't think it's cool that some of us are announcing our departure by peeling out of the parking lot and hauling down Walker Road at full-throttle. I'm not sure any of us want to look for a new location if we get ejected from Katie's. Hey, it could happen.

8. Helios

Helios Karting

Dec 9, 2003
    Maryland

Bit OT here, but Dave I've visited your web site several times and always liked looking at your selection. Hope to meet you sometime.

Ray

9. FerrariQuest

FerrariQuest Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    Northern, VA/Washing
    Good call!

10. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    AMEN brother David !! Saturday morns are a great time with a wonderful bunch of people. Need to remember that in the end we are guests of Katie's and the Great Falls Village community. Let's try to impress them with our dignity and class...not lack thereof.

Mike

11. Transhuman

Transhuman Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    Cloverly
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Hope to be there this Saturday with the old man. It'll be his first time going. I used to go with my M3 last summer. This year I'm taking the 360 I just picked up a few weeks ago!

See you guys there.

12. RyanMinor

RyanMinor Karting

Aug 23, 2007
    Cave Creek, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ryan Minor
    What time does the event start? Wasn't it 8am last year?

13. Transhuman

Transhuman Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    Cloverly
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I think they start around 7:30am.

14. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Show up at 7:30 and you'll probably be parking around the corner. The main row fills up really frickin' early, 07:00.

15. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Either show up right before 7am or right after 8am when the Cobra guys leave. Come anytime between 7 and 8am and you'll be parking in the side lots.

16. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey Arjun,

When are you going to bring the SV out to Fairlakes Cars and Coffee?? C'mon man, you can skip Katies one week. :D We need to catch up.

Bill P.

17. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    See you all there around 7am, I'm going to sleep in :)

18. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
  19. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  20. Olimpi

Olimpi Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Middleburg, VA
    Full Name:
    David D. Olimpi
    Great photos, especially considering the glare from the bright sun- keep them coming.

21. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    #321 FUNRARI, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
    I don't know the history of it but it was clearly no show queen with 20,000 plus miles on it, first time I've seen one at GF, a real looker!

The Ducati cafe racer was very cool too, I believe it was a Mike Hailwood replica, (other may be able to elaborate).

22. jmuriz

jmuriz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    It is a Ducati MH900e, great looking bikes....not so great feeling to ride for a long distance, that's for sure. But hey, sometimes it's better to look good than to feel good ;)

23. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Is C&C at katies still going on every Saturday at 7am? as in Saturday 7/23 when i'm passing through to the Midwest. If so, i'll arrange a hotel stop on Friday just to make this event.

24. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #324 Valenzo, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I really like the green and would like to see it on one of my cars being restored.

If they are an Fchatter let me know so i can get the color code.

TIA

Ted
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I don't think Lionel is an f-chatter, but he has told me that his Alfa 1900 by Touring is an Aston Martin color. It works.