Great Falls Village Cars and Coffee | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Great Falls Village Cars and Coffee

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ROULEUR, Feb 27, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariQuest

FerrariQuest Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    Northern, VA/Washing
    Sorry I missed it! Hopefully it's that good next weekend.

2. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    It was a pretty good turnout today. Great to see some of you guys out there. Arjun, good luck with the triplets!

MB

3. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Thanks for posting the video...nice to hear some exaust note :)

4. FerrariQuest

FerrariQuest Rookie

Oct 23, 2009
    Northern, VA/Washing
    Yea, thanks for posting that video. I hope to see some of you guys there tomorrow morning.

5. drive italian

drive italian Rookie

May 12, 2011
    Memorial Day Weekend......SUNDAY! MAy 29 "Cars & Cappuccino" ....ITALIAN CARS ONLY

same place as C&C (Katies) Great Falls. But Brunch time: 10:00 - 12:00 (you can sleep in instead of having to make a 7:00 "get a parking spot" time). Ferrari/Maserati/Lancia/FIAT/Lamborghini/OSCA/Abarth....whatever.

Why? A little change of pace. Maybe see some cars of folks who can't make the Sat C& C. Maybe bring a date or S.O. and get a car fix and score points! (or come solo). The old Brogue has a great brunch...Italian specialties next door at Deli Italiano.

6. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Great idea. Saturday C&Cs are too early. I plan to be there w/ a little Lancia.

7. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    I just want to say to the guy who keeps bringing out the fake 308 (assume it was built from a Fiero)...........come on. That thing is so bad. For the money you put into that thing, just go and buy a 308, I did.

Some of these people kill me. They really do.

MB

8. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #283 4REphotographer, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Lol, did I ever tell you about the guy I met at Summit Point a few years ago who said he brought his 360 spider..................that he built himself?

It's bad enough having a replica, but taking it to Ferrari events is just over the top.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Why is it over the top when FCA-MAR invites and allows replicas at their events? You can find many pictures of replicas on this sub-forum at FCA events.

10. 308steve

308steve Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    There used to be a comparison of porcupines and porshe owners when i was a kid growing up --- maybe it was misdirected. Do you have a problem with the Cobras & Jags. Just asking as i'd hate to bring one and have it spoil your day.

11. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    True enough, at least the local GTO is still a Ferrari.

12. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    It doesn't spoil my day, I just don't get it. Why in the hell would you do that when you can buy a bloody real one for $25k?

MB

P.S. Not fond of anything that is fake. Fake is fake. Real is real. I just happened to like the real thing. It's a free country, I just don't like the replicas. Whether it's of a 20k car or a 2M car.

13. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    so this one is a Sunday now? But a much better time.. at 10? I guess it conflicts with the Fair Lakes one.. but since this is later I think I'd rather head out here.. Piper wanna go to this one instead?

14. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    FCA-MAR shouldn't; it cheapens the marque.

15. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Couldn't agree more - that's why I brought it up.

16. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    So who is going Sunday? Has Sunday been advertised anywhere but here on FChat? I sent the above post announcing it to the local Fiat webmaster and he included in their schedule but wondering who else knows.

17. 8339

8339 Karting

Oct 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Dave, start a thread.

18. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Please. I have no idea what this is about.

19. 308steve

308steve Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    From what I hear the replicar guys are going to a place that looks like Katies.

20. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    To eat plastic donuts and drink fake coffee...

21. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    While wearing Ferrari hats, shirts, shoes.......

22. drive italian

drive italian Rookie

May 12, 2011
    The announcement is below. This was organized to provide an event for those folks not traveling for the holiday and the timing was set to allow folks to sleep in and maybe even bring an SO, date, family member etc. for brunch or a Sunday drive. Expecting that some cars that don't usually make the Sat event will show up including some rare stuff. All Italian.

Sunday May 29 (Memorial Day Weekend)

If you’re in town for the Memorial Day weekend and in search of an Italian car-fix, or just want to get together for informal conversation and a relaxing brunch with or without the family this is a fine opportunity. Enjoy a cappuccino or have brunch at the Old Brogue (American & Irish specialties) or a calzone, salad or pizza at Deli Italian. Modeled on the Cars & Coffee concept it’s a casual affair, so you can arrive “whenever” although the best parking will be available earlier rather than later.

All Italian Cars & Cappuccino
    Sunday May 29

10:00—12:00

Coffee, Pizza & Italian Subs, Irish & American Brunch available
    Outdoor & Indoor dining
    A great chance for a relaxing Italian car get-together with or without the family!

Parking lot @ Katies Coffee/The Old Brogue/Deli Italiano
    Center of Great Falls, VA, behind the Post Office
    (Rte 193 6 miles west of DC Beltway I-495)

23. freedomgli

freedomgli Karting

Sep 20, 2005
    Washington, DC
    I attended the local cars and coffee event Saturday morning and snapped a few pics. Some regulars were in attendance and saw some new cars, too. Chatted with Allie Ash of Ferrari of Washington and numerous other car enthusiasts, sipped on chilled illy coffee and a ate a tasty egg, cheese and tomato panini from Katie's Coffee Shop. It was a great way to start the day. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/addlightness/sets/72157626819210107/

24. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Nice job on the pictures, and thanks for posting them. :)