Grand Am 400@ VIR Oct 8-9 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Grand Am 400@ VIR Oct 8-9

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Tracktoy, Oct 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    Weather is looking a lot better for Saturday when I just now checked.

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Rob -

Let's roll on Sunday. I am getting some VIP passes from Flow BMW that include a hospitality tent and food. Lee Davis is da man.

3. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    JRR: Just sent you a PM. If the VIP passes are perks because you buy so many Bimmers then get all you can. Otherwise, I will be sluming with the rest of the other frugal/impoverished Ferrari owners.

4. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    1) I'll be bringing my pick-em-up as well as the Ferrari and there's always something in there to help park a bike. In the worst case, you can just lean it against my bumper.

2) My son & son-in-law are camping with me and if Lee has some extra passes for them as well, they're both potential BMW owners. I used to own a 7-series Bimmer myself and am still in the Mini market.

5. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

#30 Ricambi America, Oct 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Bob -

The Lee Davis things are somewhere around $50-$75 for three day passes, plus food in the BMW tent. I'm sure they'll have a brochure or two. FWIW, I have had nothing but great experiences at Flow BMW with both the 5 & 7.

BUT... wait till you see what I bought last night from fellow fchatter khughes!! Mine is green, 144,000 miles, cigarette burns in the seat, manual everything. 38MPG and cold A/C !! Whoo hoo!! The total P.O.S. has arrived. Park it anywhere, drive it into the ground, blow it up and walk away!

The new Ricambi-mobile is here. It is poetry on wheels:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    Talk about frugal/impoverished Ferrari owners. I can't believe Luca is the cause of all of this! Surely his diaper budget has not gone over the top. Or are you keeping some to use as detailing cloths? You will probably need them on your new ride. Knowing your detailing skill you decided to get a fixer upper at a bargain price and plan to have it in pristine condition by Thanksgiving. I wish I had a tenth of your skill. You should see what the remains of a blown truck tire can do to the front nose of a Ferrari. The stone chips are nothing.

7. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Two words for you: Steve Gibson

8. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Do they make wheel spacers for your new ride?

I put the new spacers on my 348 but now I can't get it out of the garage.

9. Tracktoy

Tracktoy Rookie

Aug 27, 2005
    Raleigh N.C.
    Full Name:
    Jason H.
    Good to see there will be a good Fchat turnout.

As for the tickets anyone know where to score a pass for Sunday, if you have an extra one ya know....................just lying around that will work too.

10. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005

If you can't find one, you will be able to buy tickets at the gate... but they are $50 for sunday only...

11. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow

. . . plus $10 for parking unless you park outside the infield and walk over the bridge.

12. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    #37 resnow, Oct 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Wow... somebody has WAY too much time on their hands!!

(but, that gives me some ideas... )

14. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    If you think it took more than a minute, you're giving me too much credit.

15. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

...and watch out for my boy, Povoledo, in the Acura RS-X.

16. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    ah! I guess I just can't avoid charges to matter what. $35 just for getting in Saturday and parking, $35+ for fuel... I should really stop adding it all up.

17. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005

I Love VIR as well... and just to give ya fair warning, we've got a friend there with a team running 2 Mazda RX-8s in the ST class (which I assume is the same one the RS-X is in?)!

Hehe

Should be a blast to watch. There will be some great racing this weekend.

18. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I'm just bummed that I'm not racing this weekend.

On the RX-8, don't all the cars in ST have more torque than that car? Sorry, had to rub that in. Great handling car, though.

Should be some good racing. If you happen to see Povoledo, just tell him that Brian said to say "hi" to the "cowboy". He'll know...

19. Aaron is a good friend of mine. We ran some BMW's at VIR a few weeks ago. On the RX-8, every car has more torque than ours. As a matter of fact, the RX-8 doesn't have any torque, although, it outruns virtually every car in the series in terms of handling. As a matter of fact, it handles even better than the 360 and the 355 challange car I have driven here at VIR...sorry just had to rub that in...lol!!!

In all seriousness, the RX-8's are fantastic cars as are Ferrari's. To the fans of NRG Motorsports, both our team cars were in the top 10 in practice today. We made some changes tonight and are looking for another strong day of practice tomorrow (hopefully dry).

Stop by and say HI! Car #'s 25 and 26.

Nick

20. nascarpilot

nascarpilot Rookie

Jul 5, 2005
    I'll probably take the TR up there. I'd be interested in hooking up with anybody leaving Sunday from the Raleigh area.

21. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'll be leaving from the Raleigh area. You want to meet at the McD's off of Harrison Ave (I-40 Exit 287)?

22. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    I'm out now. The chances of bad weather are too iffy now it seems. I could do with no rain but could have a muddy area to walk around and that is the last thing I want.

I hope you guys have fun, maybe I'll catch you some time else, like the track day in the spring which I hope to drop by again.

I'll be sitting in some stands watch a football game instead.

23. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric

Its going to be one of those last second decisions for me. I hope its nice Sunday morning...

24. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Hey Nick,

I didn't realize that it was you he was working with down there.

Say 'hi' to the cowboy for me. I'll be in Toronto all weekend.

Good luck this weekend, Nick!

Brian

25. nascarpilot

nascarpilot Rookie

Jul 5, 2005
    I'm gonna make the call Sunday morning as well. Don't mind a wet ride so much as muddy slogging around. If I go I'll hook up at McD's. Will keep posted.