Grand Am 400@ VIR Oct 8-9 | FerrariChat

Grand Am 400@ VIR Oct 8-9

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Tracktoy, Oct 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tracktoy

Tracktoy Rookie

Aug 27, 2005
    Raleigh N.C.
    Full Name:
    Jason H.
    I'm sure there will be a few chatters on here that will be in attendance. Just wondering if you guys are going up as a group or any other plans for that Sat or Sun. I am going to see the Stones in Durham on Sat so I am looking to leave early Sunday morning to catch all the days events.

http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

2. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I will be up at VIR for Friday's Practice runs early in the morning to watch a friend run. Look out for Leh Keen in the Porsche GT3 car.

3. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    As always, I'll be camping from early Friday AM until Sunday evening over turn 5 with Ferrari flag flying, pulling for the Crawford team. Stop by. Look for the red 348.

Bob

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Just got the green light from Mrs. JRR. I'll be there too -- look for a black 348.

5. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    #5 resnow, Oct 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A friend with a 430 spyder said he would be there Sunday also and drop by for a beverage. I'll save some space for an F-corral by our campsite.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    I will not be there Saturday, but the rest of the eclipse185 family will be. I will be there on Sunday. Everybody cheer for the NRG Motorsports team. They have two entries, #'s 25 and 26 and will be running in the ST class for the Grand Am Cup race on Saturday afternoon. This will be the first time this young team has put two cars in a race. Be sure to save my silver 360 spider a parking place next to the yellow f430 spider. Won't that make a pretty picture?

7. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    #7 resnow, Oct 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Pretty, yes. But damn beautiful sandwiched between TWO 348s!

I'll definitely be able to save some spaces right here:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I may come up and meet everyone. I'll have to check the weather forecast.

9. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
  10. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Not to burst your bubble... but I have been at VIR in a downpour that lasted all day long. Ofcourse thats only happened to me once in like the 100 times of been there... so its favorable like 99% of the time... haha.

I'll be there with my g/f on Saturday. I'll make sure to stop by the crowd and say hi!

11. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Its not the weather at VIR, its the weather to and from VIR. I'm rather exposed on the Ducati. Based on the weather, I will probably be up there atleast on Sunday. I look forward to meeting everyone and putting names, screen names, and cars with faces.

12. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    I may be there Saturday or Sunday.

As I walk around the track I'll be sure and try and find some of you as I make my rounds whatever day I'm there. Camera in tow of course.

13. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow

Even when it rains at VIR, it's a favorable time compared to being anywhere else. That's why it's 100%.

14. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Spoken like a true racing fan...:D

15. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    Well in that case I hope I bring all my rain gear for nothing again.

16. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005

Hey... I never said I didn't absolutely enjoy it :). It was an amazing amount of fun to watch each of the three lotuses of the same team go off the track within two feet of the others, in consecutive laps, going through the uphill esses.

17. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Anyone leaving from the Triangle area on Sunday morning? Might as well start organizing now.

18. eclipse185

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    I will be coming through W-S Sunday morning, but depending on how many are going and where everyone wants to meet I could come on over to GSO.

JRR, have you decided what day you are going and what time?

19. eclipse185

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    Sorry, I was thinking of the original NC triangle area, W-S, GSO, & HP. BTW, what is the third leg on the Raleigh-Durham triangle, the research park?

20. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It used to be Chapel Hill, though Cary is larger than Chapel Hill now.

21. eclipse185

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    Thanks for the education, I hope to see you Sunday near resnow's campsite.

22. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I look forward to seeing everyone as well. I'm still trying to figure out a good way to park a bike in the grass. I've called another friend with a 748R, so he may ride up there with me as well.

23. eclipse185

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    As dry as it has been you may not have a problem. But if VIR gets some rain, and reading the previous e-mails, it might, a piece of wood might help. However, I would have thought a bike like that would have something under the seat for such occassions. But, I will try to remember to throw a piece of wood in the Ferrari for your jack stand.

24. Tracktoy

Tracktoy Rookie

Aug 27, 2005
    Raleigh N.C.
    Full Name:
    Jason H.
    Yup I am leaving Raleigh as early as possible but if there is a group so to speak from Greensboro or so then I would be glad to meet up.

25. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You'll laugh when you see the amount of storage under the seat. There's enough for the tool kit and that is about it. I carry a hockey puck for when I park on asphalt, I'm just not sure how well that will hold in the grass. I'd appreciate you bringing a small piece of wood, thanks.

In regards to a group from Greensboro, if there was some where we could meet in route, that would be cool, but I don't want to drive an extra hour to Greensboro. Where would you like to meet in the Triangle? Both myself and my friend live in Cary.