Gran Turismo 6 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Gran Turismo 6

Discussion in 'Technology' started by BlackBird007, Sep 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I have been playing quite a bit lately. Is it my imagination, or do they not give out cars as rewards when you complete a series like they used to? I had it where I finished a series, went to the main screen, and where it says "garage", it said "new" on top of it, but when I went in there, there was nothing new......

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The best thing to is play the online challenges, also try to log on every day (at least four days in a row) for the 200% bonus credit increase.

There was another way to get an insane about of credits but that was cheating, not sure if that option/glitch is still available.

Check out GTPlanet ? Covering the World of Gran Turismo for more info.

3. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I just discovered the most fun car I have used on the game yet. Gordon Murray's Rocket. If you haven't bought it yet, I'd highly recommend getting it.

5. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I now have to totally relearn the controller. I am at the shifter kart 125 event in the IA section, and there is no way in hell to get around the short track using the buttons for accelerating and braking, at least not by me. Near impossible to be at half throttle, which has me spinning out constantly. I spent a good amount of time yesterday using the post for accelerating and braking, and it will take a while to get used to. Anyone have any tips?

6. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Very frustrating series. You make one tiny error, and they break away, almost impossible to catch up to again. I am wrestling with this one too.

7. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Opps, I meant IA challenges. I've put off NASCAR & went on the to super license, very odd series. Not the long 3,6,12 or even 24 hrs races like in the past games. Needs more challenges but racing online makes it at least a bit interesting.

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I got through NASCAR series as well, once I learned to use the post for accelerating and braking. The ability to modulate throttle input was absolutely key. Still am going to have a challenge with the IA kart series......

9. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
  10. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
  11. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Any idea when this will be available for PS4?

12. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks again for the heads up on the G27 price reduction. It looks like Logitech cut the price because B&H has a limited quantity of these at the same price. I ordered it from B&H with a 3-year Square Trade warranty for $34, free shipping, and no tax. I was thinking about Fanatec, but with the G27 price reduction and the new seat frame being configured for Logitech, it was a lot easier to go with the G27.

Probably never, unless they later update the PS4 to allow it play PS3 games. GT6 just came out, but you can only play it on PS3. The PS4 just came out, but it doesn't support GT6. There will be a GT7 for the PS4, but sounds like not until 2015. It's no wonder Sony isn't making money. Great technology, terrible business plans. My son's PS3 broke about a month ago and I really wanted to buy a PS4, but it doesn't support any of his games. I bought a PS3 Slim (the quietest model) off a reseller on eBay. If Sony had made the PS4 backwards compatible, my money would have gone to them rather than to a seller on eBay.

13. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Thanks for your reply Peter. Yes I don't think Sony actually want to make money, here in the UK the PS4 release was a total shambles. It was released on the 15th of November and yet stores were unable to supply it until around the middle of January, they missed the whole Xmas crowd. At least 3 people in my work bought there kids Xbox's for Xmas rather than ps4's purely because they couldn't get hold of one.

14. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #89 peterp, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Help!

I finished the "IA" series yesterday, but not gold in everything. When I went to go back to the main menu, the final movie and credits started playing, while my "S" section is still locked! How do I unlock the "S" section?

16. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Never mind, realized I had to let the movie play through to the end to unlock the S-series.

Got my S license. What do you guys recommend as the best cars to compete in the S events? For the ones that require normal cars, I tried both the Veyron and the FXX. Both cars require pit stops for both tires and fuel, and I could never finish very high at all after many attempts in both cars. Then I decided to try Gordon Murray's Rocket. Modded it so it had maximum hp allowed, and destroyed the field by over 30 seconds. Needed no tires (even when on "soft"), and needed no fuel - so no pit stops required.

Recommendations for the other S-events?

17. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I've used the Ferrari FXX on some of the S- series races, but be sure to add the racing brakes to it. I still don't understand why it wasn't included in the first place, it is a race after all. Other cars used are the Audi R18 TDI, Pagani Huayra & Lexus IS F Racing Concept.

Remember some of the races are in the wet but so far I haven't changed to rain tires. Just remember to pit in halfway of the event & watch your fuel use. Also use medium tires if possible. Soft tires wear out too fast & hard doesn't give me the grip I need. I hope this helps.

18. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    For the 650PP races in the S series, I have been using the Rocket. I modded up to the 650PP limit, and can run the entire race without having to pit for tires and fuel, as the Rocket is light enough to do so. Problem is, in one of the races, the car that jumped out to the lead never pitted, or was fast enough to pit one time and maintain the lead. For the 750PP limit S races, I am still toying with what is the nest car for me to use........

I must say I am disappointed with the amount of races that are in the S-series.......I figured there would have been a lot more than that.

19. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I just tried the Rocket tonight on Ascari, I wish I'd known about this sooner. I just waffle stopped the field without any tire changes or refueling. I'll be using this car a bit more now on the rest of the 650PP events.

Yes, the game needs more challenges, it's running a bit thin. Still no DLC new tracks or cars. If it wasn't for the online racing & challenges I think I would have given up on it a long time ago.

20. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    There is some pretty serious racing going on in this WRS ("Weekly Race Series") on GTPlanet: GTP Weekly Race Series Online Events - GTPlanet.

They have four divisions with 3 tiers within each division. Division and tier placement is initially determined based upon a recorded fast lap you submit. After that, rankings are updated based upon your weekly race results. The racing is very competitive and squeaky clean. After the race, recordings are reviewed and penalties are assessed (in seconds) for leaving the course, blocking, etc. -- so the final "official" race results differ from the finish order when infractions occur. It's fair racing and amazingly well organized. The Division 1 drivers are inconceivably fast, but there is great competition at every division level.

21. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    We just installed the GT Eye brake spring (GTEYE Progressive Brake Spring for Logitech G25 & G27 | GTEYE) on the G27 and it is a huge improvement in brake feel. Actually, "improvement" is the wrong word because there is no brake feel IMO with the original spring and this spring creates the progressive resistance you feel in a real brake pedal. I think the GT Eye spring also works in G25. There is another spring called the Nimix that was out before the GT Eye, but GT Eye seemed better in my research. Either one will improve brake feel and lap times over the stock spring.

22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    It includes three challenges from his karting, F3 and F1 days. If ANYONE gets close to his lap record at Brands Hatch....

A couple of concept are also included, like the BMW I8 Vision concept. All free downloads, as always.

23. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thanks for the heads up, I just bought one.

24. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It will make a big difference. A lot of people also take the original G25/G27 brake spring and put it in the clutch and then take the original clutch spring and move it to the gas pedal. I would have preferred to do that, but my son wanted to keep the light stock springs in place for gas/clutch. Of those who have changed the gas pedal spring, it seems like about half like it and claim to be faster due to the improved throttle feel, but the other half feel like it makes the throttle too heavy. It's probably best to experiment with them to see how they feel while you have it apart.

25. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter